Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot download apps to a6000

profile.country.GB.title
extraaaz
New

Cannot download apps to a6000

Hi all

Looking for some advice hopefully on my new camera. Joined the A6000 club over the weekend. Seems like an excellent camera but I've never seen a more long-winded process for set up before (maybe it's always like this for all cameras, this is my first dive in to photography).

Anyway. I've managed to connect to my WiFi. When I go on the PlayMemories camera Apps section it allows me to browse and when I click on an App (trying to download the Sync To Smartphone one) it asks me to log in to my Sony Entertainment Network Account. Every single time I attempt this it comes up with the following message "Could not connect to server. Set the correct Area/Date/Time and verify the 'Network Settings'. I'm pulling my hair out here. I have set this as it asked me to do so when I first connected the WiFi and it all saved. Has anyone come across this before?

Also I read online I could download the apps through my computer and on to the camera that way. That's also a massive fail. It seems to only walk you through the option for PC. I have downloaded the file and attempted to install it and nothing happens. Currently running on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Does it work with this system? Or should I reside to not being able to ever have this functionality. Have also tried to use Chrome as seen on another forum suggestion. No joy there either. I'm at a loss. I cannot for the life of my sync the camera up to my PC through Play Memories Camera Apps.

The only program I have successfully installed is the Play Memories Home import/viewer.

Any help much appreciated as not having a great time here Thanks all.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @extraaaz,

I'm just looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
extraaaz
New

Anyone know anything at all? It's really frustrating I've bought a camera I can't even fully use to its ability. I've managed a work around with sending photos but can't use other features such as using my phone as a remote etc.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Apologies for the delay @extraaaz.  I've checked this for you and am told that the quickest way to do this is to connect your camera to your computer, go to https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal, login and then download apps via your computer (outlined here).  This should work with Sierra 10.12.6 in Safari 7, 8, 9 or 10 (see here).  So if you're still having the issues you describe by following these steps, I think your best bet to to get in touch with Support to see if they can resolve it for you.

profile.country.GB.title
extraaaz
New

No problem @cass_n thanks for the reply. I followed the steps. I got as far as step 2 downloading the software required. It installs successfully (or should I say unsuccessfully) but when I restart the program is not on my computer. I think I will have to contact Sony Help for advice and hope they can. I'm doubtful and sad I only seem to have a half working camera 😞 Thanks again for trying.