Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting off-camera flash

snapperphilbs11
Explorer

Connecting off-camera flash

Please can someone give me a straight answer to the following question: How do I connect my Metz 64 AF1 (Sony MI fit) VIA OFF-CAMERA CABLE to my A77ii. Sony seem unwilling to answer this question, notwithstanding that the answer is probably the same as it would be if I used their own HVL F43 flash, that lacks a socket.

Do I need the two off-camera shoes (FA-CS1M) and the multi-flash cable, or can I use the ADP-MAA adaptor, then my existing Minolta cable, into a single FA-CS1M Off-Camera Shoe?

Any assistance will be gratefully received!

Thanks

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Phil,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I have asked on of my Sony contacts & have been told -

You should be able to just use a FA-MC1AM cable as both the A77ii and Metz 64 AF1 flash have a flash sync connector, therefore you shouldn't need an additional adaptor..
Further info you should also be able to use WL mode to wirelessly use your flash..

Hope that makes sense, if you want further help please post back & I'll see if I can get answers for you..

PS I have removed your duplicate thread..😉
snapperphilbs11
Explorer

Hi Thalamus

Thanks for your reply. I don't actually have the F43 flash, but I tried asking Sony about connecting my Metz 64, which doesn't have a connecting socket but does have the multi-interface foot. They insist they "cannot support" the use of third-party flashes, notwithstanding that their predecessors Minolta were quite happy to advise on how to connect third party studio flash some years ago. Metz guns are famously high-quality and unlikely to cause any problems.

Incidentally, I have downloaded the F43 instructions, and there is no mention of a sync terminal, only the MI foot, hence why I quoted this model. I really would appreciate an answer because I want to buy the connectors as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Phil Lewin.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Phil,
Sorry my mistake was using my mobile phone & copied the wrong flash model from your first post, have edited my reply as the feedback I recieved was for the Metz 64 AF1..