Join now - be part of our community!

Fn and Custom Button options

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
GreggLonewolf

Fn and Custom Button options

Hi Guys

So I'm looking to upgrade from an NEX-5N, but the 5R (the logical replacement) has some strange custom button assignations (i.e.: you're limited to what you can map to the Fn and C2 keys).

The 5N allowed me to map pretty much anything to the soft keys B and C as well as the centre and right buttons on the control dial.

My questions is : what are the assignable functions you can map to the Fn C1 C2, etc buttons on the NEX-5R and the A6000 ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I would skip the 5R, it's not enough an upgrade compared to the 5N.

The A6000 on the other hand...great tool, really fast AF, great customisability! Only touch screen is something I really miss big time...

Here you can find the various function you can give to the buttons: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-a6000/5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I would skip the 5R, it's not enough an upgrade compared to the 5N.

The A6000 on the other hand...great tool, really fast AF, great customisability! Only touch screen is something I really miss big time...

Here you can find the various function you can give to the buttons: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-a6000/5

Hiya

As always thanks for the info and advice - I did do a quick google search for custom button options but didn't find that page, so that link is much appreciated.

Wouldn't it be great if you could assign ANY function to any button ?

I'd ask about a possible firmware update, but I doubt Sony will release another one for the A6000.

If they did, however, adding XAVC-S instead of, or as well as, AVCHD would be my first request.

I think I'll wait a couple of months to see what else Sony have in the pipeline before making a decision, but the A6000 seems like the best option at the moment.

Cheers