Join now - be part of our community!

Help with Alpha 6000 and 18-135 lens

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Lollyscot
Explorer

Help with Alpha 6000 and 18-135 lens

Hi,

Ive just bought/upgraded to the 18-135mm lens for my a6000. I've only had the camera a short time, so unfamiliar with all its functions. I have an upcoming holiday and bought 18-135 lens to use. However I am unable to take photos when zoom has been used. I see the zoomed in image but when I take the photo it's reverted back to normal size image. I've attempted to use m/f as well as a/f and it makes no difference, I'm still unable to take a zoomed in shot. I realise it will be a user problem but I need advice and help. 

Thanks in anticipation

Lollyscot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lollyscot
Explorer

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your reply. I've actually resolved the issue by restoring factory setting, and the camera rebooted, and lens is now working. It was as if it was stuck, but appears to be working fine now. 

Cheers

Lollyscot

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Lollyscot

Is it possible you are operating the zoom function on the screen? Just want to check you are actually using the physical zoom ring on the barrel of the lens; you can see the lens in action on the product info page.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Lollyscot
Explorer

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your reply. I've actually resolved the issue by restoring factory setting, and the camera rebooted, and lens is now working. It was as if it was stuck, but appears to be working fine now. 

Cheers

Lollyscot