Join now - be part of our community!

HVL-RL1 and the Sony Alpha 7r

SOLVED
Webb74
New

HVL-RL1 and the Sony Alpha 7r

Hi.. Can anyone tell me if the HVL-RL1 is compatable with the 7r?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Webb74,

ok it would seem that I was almost correct the HVL-RL1 will connect to the A7R's body but it also would depend on which lens is fitted..

flash.JPG 

I have been informed by my Sony contact that the HVL-RL1 has been tested with 35mm Zeiss F2.8 full frame E-mount lens (SEL35F28Z) attached to the A7R and works as expected..

Rather than listing different options if you can let us know which Sony lens you have, or are thinking of purchasing, I can try to find out if the Macro flash would be compatible..

Obviously if you are planning on using the HVL-RL1 with a third party lens, then as you can imagine, it would be difficult to advise on compatibility..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Webb74,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

It states that the HVL-RL1 can be used in combination with Sony Interchangeable Lens Digital Cameras and Sony Digital Still Cameras that have a conventional Multi Interface Shoe. Therefore as the ILCE-7R has a Multi interface shoe I would say yes it is compatible..

As it not my money it might be worth checking with the retailer before purchasing, in the meantime I will try to get confirmation from someone in Sony..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Webb74,

ok it would seem that I was almost correct the HVL-RL1 will connect to the A7R's body but it also would depend on which lens is fitted..

flash.JPG 

I have been informed by my Sony contact that the HVL-RL1 has been tested with 35mm Zeiss F2.8 full frame E-mount lens (SEL35F28Z) attached to the A7R and works as expected..

Rather than listing different options if you can let us know which Sony lens you have, or are thinking of purchasing, I can try to find out if the Macro flash would be compatible..

Obviously if you are planning on using the HVL-RL1 with a third party lens, then as you can imagine, it would be difficult to advise on compatibility..