Join now - be part of our community!

ILME-FX3 Wi-Fi issues

A.Min_TRC
New

ILME-FX3 Wi-Fi issues

Hello,

I recently updated my Firmware from 3.00 to 4.00 with the goal in mind to use the new monitor & control app.

Sadly I ran into an issue where my FX3 can’t find any access point when I turn on “Wi-Fi-Connection” on. Also trying to setup one manualy on the cam results in a indefinite loading cycle. In addition to that, when I turn of the cam it seems turned off but the fan keeps running and draining the battery.

Turning it back on does not light it up instead it stays in this “semi-ON/OFF” stage.

i have tried the new monitor & control, Monitor+ and Imagine Edge app. iPhone and Android. Nothing seems to work.

Not sure if it’s a hardware or software issue but:

- if it’s a software issue: is there a way to reset the firmware of the camera?

- if it’s a hardware issue: how much does a motherboard switch cost?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
Funkenflug
New

I updated to FW 5.00 today and now I got the exact same issues. The FX3 can't find any access point, if I reset the network settings the camera goes into a indefinite loading cycle. The camera does not turn off after using the switch, only the display goes dark but the fan keeps spinning. Only solution to turn it off and back on is to remove and reinsert the battery. 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Have you tried to reset the camera to factory?

Sometimes from a software version to other there are some settings that are different and could cause crashes of function.

profile.country.DE.title
Funkenflug
New

Thanks for your idea, but of course, that was like the first thing I did and it did not help in any way. 

Resetting the network settings leads into an indefinite loading cycle which can only be canceled by removing the battery. Initializing the camera works, but does not resolve the problem.

profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

I've escaled your case to support, they say that if you have also tried resetting the camera by following the steps here (please check) if the issue remains, please let know the below info to sony support so that they can proceed with the necessary service:

-Camera's serial number.

-Country of residence.

-A copy of the VAT receipt.

At the end of message copy as reference of internal escalation "Funkenflug / Board: Alpha & NEX interchangeable lens cameras (11107)"

Let us know

profile.country.DE.title
Funkenflug
New

Hello danardi, I have sent the camera to the service and it already returned to me. They had to replace the whole motherboard, but now the cam is working fine again. 

Thanks for getting back at me though! Greetings to beautiful italy :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

Wow, your local support is way more fast in replacement than eu online support to give me a reply đź«Ł

Thanks for reporting your experience