Join now - be part of our community!

Minolta adapter not recognized on NEX5

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
arthurbite
Visitor

Minolta adapter not recognized on NEX5

Hi -

I just received a Minolta adapter for my NEX5 from Rainbow Imaging (MD-NEX). I mounted it, then attached my MInolta 50mm/1.7. When I take a shot, it says:

Cannot recognize lens. Attach it properly.

This is with firmware version 3.

I have removed each several times and re-attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sounds like the adaptor being used has no electronic communication between the body and lens so this will prevent the shutter button being used.

To resolve this, go into the Menu > Setup > Release w/o lens (change this to enable)

This should allow you to use KM MD lenses without any problems with manual focus and aperture control working as normal. If it is the newer AF range, sadly you may not be able to use any electronic features of the system.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sounds like the adaptor being used has no electronic communication between the body and lens so this will prevent the shutter button being used.

To resolve this, go into the Menu > Setup > Release w/o lens (change this to enable)

This should allow you to use KM MD lenses without any problems with manual focus and aperture control working as normal. If it is the newer AF range, sadly you may not be able to use any electronic features of the system.

Hope that helps