Join now - be part of our community!

Query/Concern or am I just missing something

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
James93
Explorer

Query/Concern or am I just missing something

Just recently purchased my first Alpha Camera yesterday I've been capturing some test shots and slowly learning the settings but I can't seem to get it to shoot higher than 10 megapixels? am I missing something is there a configuration I need to do? When in Jpeg largest size is showing L 10 but also when running RAW format I'm still only getting 10 megapixels?

Edit, Forgot to mention my Camera …… I'm running A7 Mk2 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @James93,

I think I found the solution - in APS-C mode the image in L will have 10MPx as well - in Full-frame mode it will make use of the full 24MPs.

Image Size Selects the size of still images.

L: 24M/M: 10M/S: 6.0M (3:2)
L: 20M/M: 8.7M/S: 5.1M (16:9)
L: 10M/M: 6.0M/S: 2.6M (APS-C size, 3:2)
L: 8.7M/M: 5.1M/S: 2.2M (APS-C size, 16:9)

- Nic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @James93,

according to the specifications, 10MPx are the "M" setting in 3:2 aspect ratio.

Kindly verify you actually confirmed the switch to "L" quality, which would be 24MPx.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
James93
Explorer

Hi nic thanks for the reply. Re checked mine but my L setting on 3.2 is 10 for some reason I have no more options. I've gone back to 16.9 as well which limits me to 8 

MVIMG_20190910_220457.jpg

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @James93,

I think I found the solution - in APS-C mode the image in L will have 10MPx as well - in Full-frame mode it will make use of the full 24MPs.

Image Size Selects the size of still images.

L: 24M/M: 10M/S: 6.0M (3:2)
L: 20M/M: 8.7M/S: 5.1M (16:9)
L: 10M/M: 6.0M/S: 2.6M (APS-C size, 3:2)
L: 8.7M/M: 5.1M/S: 2.2M (APS-C size, 16:9)

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
James93
Explorer

@IamNic Many thanks for that, Re-leaved to know its not been a fault of my Camera XD, Checked the APS-C settings and through that found due to my lack of research and knowledge the Sony lenses I brought with the Body is a APS-C lenses and no a full frame, Turned Auto to off and full settings show absolutely fine. Put auto back on for now but will be looking into getting some full framed lenses very soon 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @James93,

I am happy to hear that your camera works as intended.

- Nic