Join now - be part of our community!

SEL70200GM Lens System Software

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chriswallace7
Explorer

SEL70200GM Lens System Software

Have tried multiple times to update my SEL 70 to 200 G OSS which is currently on version 2 to version 4 but each time I get a very unhelpful message saying "Could not update" then gives a procedure to follow to attempt the update again which I have tried but still resorts to the failure message Could not update without giving a specific reason, anyone else had these sorts of issues, I'm using an iMac with a directly connected USB cable and have succeeded before with other firmware updates.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which Mac OS version do you have installed? macOS 10.13 is not supported.

I presume you followed the instructions here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lenses-e-mount-lenses/sel70200gm/downloads/00014920

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
chriswallace7
Explorer

Thanks for your reply and unfortunately I am running Mac OS 10.13.1, I didn't see in the installation notes that it wasn't supported so I guess I'll have to wait until it is. I did follow the instructions detailed below but I guess I missed the bit about supported operating systems, thanks again for your response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which Mac OS version do you have installed? macOS 10.13 is not supported.

I presume you followed the instructions here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lenses-e-mount-lenses/sel70200gm/downloads/00014920

profile.country.GB.title
chriswallace7
Explorer

Thanks for your reply and unfortunately I am running Mac OS 10.13.1, I didn't see in the installation notes that it wasn't supported so I guess I'll have to wait until it is. I did follow the instructions detailed below but I guess I missed the bit about supported operating systems, thanks again for your response.