Join now - be part of our community!

Sony α7 MK2 - Auto ISO Minimum Shutter Speed

PhotOguz
Explorer

Sony α7 MK2 - Auto ISO Minimum Shutter Speed

I would like to note that the minimum shutter speed and auto iso issue is still the same like in the previous version. Most of the time it's not a problem, but if you work with manual lenses it's annoying not be able to work in Aperture Priority Mode as shutter speed is not fast enough. You need to adjust ISO manually then.

Better would be when the software would take a short shutter speed like 1/160 or 1/250 and increase the ISO automatically. If I would need lower ISO then I would adjust it manually instead of other way.

Shouldn't be a problem to solve this via firmware update. I'm wondering why this wasn't done since the A7/7r as this problem weas reported before. It should have been solved with the new A7II.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I totally agree with you, I've asked Sony many times about this and have sent a dozen complaints from different fora to Sony. 

My hopes are high to see at least one model this year with an improvement in this area! It took quite some tome before Sony implemented adjustable ISO auto on their cameras, but now they do it on almost ALL their E-mount cameras! Kudos to Sony for that!

I don't wanna see a new model with this feature. It would be great to get an Software Upate as this is definitely aq software issue. It's not a big issue but it would be very user friendly from Sony to make this happen.

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

True, but being realistic, I expect it to see the "update" in a new model first then through firmware in other models...

The A77II got an XAVC-S update after it was released on new models (the A6000 being the exception for the moment...)

But let's keep pushing Sony for this feature, a lot of people NEED it! Listen Sony, listen! :wink:

I've just applied the v2.00 firmware update to my A7ii and there is still no option for setting the minimum shutter speed for auto ISO.

I don't understand why Sony have not added this feature in the v2.00 firmware as they already implemented it for the A7Rii.  Very disappointing.

PhotOguz
Explorer

Totally agree. On the one hand it's very appreciated that we get PDAF support but on the other hand it's disappointing not to get some in my opinion regular features like Auto ISO minimum shutter speed, self timer bracketing, AF priority, Playback Zoom to AF.

I hope this features will come