Join now - be part of our community!

Don't forget A7 owners - we were the 1st loyal risk takers! Firmware updates please

profile.country.GB.title
sianpearcegordon
Explorer

Don't forget A7 owners - we were the 1st loyal risk takers! Firmware updates please

Sony hasn't given the A7 a firmware update for a long while now whilst all the other cameras have received theirs.  They've given them stabilisation and umcompressed raw format updates, but none of these options have been offered to those of us who took the risk buying into a system that was still to prove itself.  Sony has put a lot into making those customers who've jumped on the bandwagon since we've proved that the A7 series is brilliant, but have they forgotten their 1st loyal 'believers' like myself who trusted in Sony's name without needing to wait?

Come on Sony, give us something back.  Invest in us and don't just let the A7 phase out - it's a brilliant camera, but I do feel as if I'm stupid to have bought the 1st one, I don't want to get left behind!  

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

A ha..., I did some searching and finally found your question. Unfortunately cameras are not my strong point though if you give it time hopefully someone will reply. I notice you posted this question just 4 hours ago, that's not nearly long enough for people to find your question. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told.

As mentioned in my reply to your other post, Sony do not have any input into these forums, they're run by users for users. If you want a definitive answer you really need to contact Sony though it has to be said that's not always made easy. You could try contacting Support but that may result in disappointment, they don't always provide useful answers.

Maybe hang on for a while longer and see if one of the experts can forward your question to Sony, the experts are the best guys to speak too. 

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14