Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
BHolla47
Explorer

So I purchased a Sony W755c TV and after assembling the TV stand I've found that it leans dangerously forward, like it's going to fall over at some point. So I've reassembled the stand a couple of times and unless I'm doing something wrong then I don't know why it's still leaning forward..

Anybody had the same issue? Or know a fix?

Everything is screwed in perfectly I just have no idea why this is happening 😞

rdlowry

@BHolla47 Do you have a picture? I've got the same TV and don't have any issues with the stand.

BHolla47
Explorer

@rdlowry I've got some pictures but not sure how to post them on here.. Do you know how?
BHolla47
Explorer

DSC_0050.JPGDSC_0049.JPG

rdlowry

@BHolla47 That definately doesn't look right, for a second I thought you had it the wrong way round... It should sit as shown in this picture http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/test/10/10981/kdl-43w755c_1600_04.jpg Did the screws go in ok at the back?

BHolla47
Explorer

@rdlowry Really? That's how it's supposed to be set up according to the box and the instructions.

gmh1988
Explorer

the stand is definitely correctly installed, can't comment on the lean though, I have the X85C and it barely leans forwards

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

It looks the right way round with the bar bit of the stand coming across the front. But yea that looks like it's leaning over a quite a bit. I wouldn't be happy with that either. Maybe get in touch with Sony. 

danielbeyzade

They will most likely say to do a factory reset to resolve the issue!!!!!!!

BHolla47
Explorer

@rdlowry All the screws are where they should be and screwed in as tight as possible but it still seems a bit loose at the bottom. Bearing in mind this is the replacement for my first TV of the same model I think it might just be an issue with the 43" model.. Unless I'm doing something wrong but I don't think I am