Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
elraouk

Surprise surprise ... Sony CS haven't called me back nearly a week on from my last call/complaint.  When the girl said a manager would call me back within 48 hours I told her that I'd belive it when i saw it ... she insisted they would....they are a JOKE!

Only plus is that it gives me more time to choose a suitable alternative.

Any recommendations on a replacement for a 43" X83C and a 49" X83C?  Am thinking maybe a 48" Samsung like the UE48J6500 or UE48J7000

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

I like my Sony products a lot. But they do go wrong the only warranty company I have ever had to deal with in my life is Sony with the PlayStations over the years, their is no company like Sony that likes to bury it's head in the sand when things go wrong and Sony never ever admit to faults with anything. I think people get fired if they said the words "common fault" or we are aware of that issue. 

Royalbeech
Explorer

I would recommend  the 48"JU7500 7 UHD (CURVED) or JU700 (FLAT), I just returned my Sony to Currys after 3 months, I was a little hesitant, as i am a big Sony Fan, but I do think i did the right thing, IMO it a far better product and every thing works out of the box. even Netfix has 5.1 sound!

Rodders123
Explorer

Nice. Does it have usb recording??
Royalbeech
Explorer

Yes it has everthing, even Freesat twin tuner with working EPG and series linking etc..

elraouk

Yeah, looking at the 40 and 48 J7500s.  Shame all the higher models are curved, don't buy into that gimmick! 
Royalbeech
Explorer

Know what you meen, but it fits in the corner of the room better 😉 JU7000 is the flat screen version of the JU7500

elraouk

TVs going flat against the wall at my house! 
lesking70

I'm not sure if any one is watching the IFA Sony coverage, but it's been announced the x85c bravia tv's will also get HDR update,  which is pretty decent,  in typical Sony fashion no confirmed roll out date,  just said sometime this year,  sounds like they haven't totally abandoned us just yet! 

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ifa-2015-sony-update-brings-hdr-to-more-bravia-tvs

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

yeah i watched a little. did think that at least with no TV announcements that it meant there was a small chance SONY will keep at support for the 2015 TV's for a little while longer. It did make me laugh when he said that the new bravias had been well received and sales were doubled from last year in EU. It made me wonder.... what is your profits though? How many returns from the sales are you getting back? Do you acknowledge there is huge issues with the sets?

Also, what happened to the Z4, they just straight on jumped to a 5?