Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
haberdavid

should i need to install the haluncher on the tv or on the android phone that i have?

if on the tv? i will find it on the play store?

cozzykim

@haberdavid

TV

Yes

profile.country.GB.title
husnainmohammad
Explorer

Think it might not shoe up by searching it. Had to go through the whole.list of apps on the play store on the tv to find it. 

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Installed HALauncher on both the TV and phone.

Then used aptoid to download the apk files for show box and popcorn on my phone.  

Connected the phone via wifi direct to the Bravia and pushed show box to the TV from my phone, installed it, and now have show box. 

Not sent over popcorn yet, but did do aptoid. So I'm guessing now, I won't need HALauncher to push apps over I could just use aptoid to find and install apps directly.  Not sure yet 

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

*Aptoide *

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

So can we expect pink elepants and blue snow next week along with the Android 5.1.1 update? 

Salisburyblue
Explorer

I just bought an Android TV and see that you are already on page 98 of the issues.

Has anyone approached the lack of flash by getting the Opera browser to present itself as if it were on an Android tablet, which I presume would automatically select HTML5 / H.264 versions of videos on those sites which offer both? Is this even possible and are Sony considering it?

I have tried the BBC in particular, since sometimes we want to find a program which has disappeared from the iPlayer app, but it fails with a "no flash" message.

I have downloaded Chrome and launched it using the Sideload launcher, but it wants me to download the BBC Media Player, which steadfastly refuses to be downloaded, whether I try it via Opera, Chrome or the Play Store.

Any suggestions here? I don't have an Android phone or tablet to use as a mule, and going to the Play Store via Chrome on my PC tells me that the app is not compatible with my TV, so it will not install it.

Wifi troubles.

apologies if this has been posted before (98 pages is a lot to scroll through on a mobile browser)

for a few weeks now I have been unable to see any recommendations my wifi icon display an exclamation point however, despite bein told I cannot access the internet, the Internet works fine.

i can browse google play and see other google services in a browser. 

I am in the UK and am baffled by this issue. I have tried to reset network settings by removing them in the running apps section. Switching wifi on and off and turning the TV off provides no solution.

anyone any ideas?

MikeLothian

Use apk extractor on your phone or tablet to get all the apps you'd like. You can then sideload them using ES Explorer. Note the reason most of those apps are unavailable is the lack of TV interface. The real iPlayer app doesn't work so well, I ended up using my Logictech Keyboard and Trackback combo with the TV to make if easier to navigate without a touchscreen