Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@NicolaiLarsen91

Hi,

Can you please see earlier posts on the same subject.

elraouk

Had to call Sony again for an update.  Apparently a "senior manager" decided in my favour said the customer relations office would refund.  
However customer relations decided not to.... 
So it's going back to the Senior manager to action, hopefully he'll pull rank and get my refund pushed through. 
Absolute shambles.  Will never ever buy anything from Sony store again. 
MikeLothian

Le sigh.I fear you might be right

profile.country.DK.title
tjp.thomas

Seems like a thing we all see - just let it go.

Twobins

Just got an email from Sony regarding the next software update and the provision of Youview facilities. No surprises - they say that no date has been set for the release of Youview so they can't give me reassurance that the update will take place before my John Lewis 90 day cutoff period on 20 September. I'll wait another week and then return the TV as I don't want to be stuck with a bag of spanners that never works properly. Sony really have taken us for a ride with Android and I'm convinced they will sort this out for the 2016 TVs but for us with the 2015 models it will be a case of hard luck. Stuff Sony - John Lewis is my friend.

MikeLothian

Don't bother waiting, when things are fixed, if you're still looking for a new TV, rebuy. No point leaving things to the last second. Also the more returns the more Sony will put effort into getting things sorted

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

as an update to an earlier reported issue regarding HDMI and not recieving picture via HDMI ARC etc i finally got a friends Onkio Amp hooked up last night and it worked fine. I could switch inputs instantly and get picture from all my external sources including the PS4 which i had trouble with. It looks like my issue then lies with my current Sony receiver which is actually old now anyway and ultimately it seems incompatible.

My only outstanding issue is now the delay in sound via some apps ..sometimes its perfectly fine  - other times its baaaddd...oh and the 5.1 ..lack off.

cozzykim

The big remaining problem for me is the poor sound sync in Netflix, HDMI inputs are OK and so was a film played from a USB stick a few days ago, so why Netflix?

I don't use 5.1 as we have a Sony sound base, so that's not a problem for me.

Rodders123
Explorer

My volume display slider keeps showing up on the screen every 20 secs. Ooooh a new fault! I'm lucky! Anyone else have this??
daknigh36
Explorer

Is anyone else still having the audio issue where the sounds goes weird for a few seconds (dialogue sounds like people talking with helium and there is white noise in the background) - it happens totally randomly - could do it once in an hour or four times in 10 mins!

Starting to get VERY annoying now...

I had heard other peoples sets doing this (I have a X9305C) just hoping this may get fixed in the next update but not too sure if Sony are aware of if its a widespread issue.