Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Tintole
Explorer

Hi, did you resolve your issue with the sound and remote locking up?? Mine is doing the same!! 

Thanks

Deanfeuillade

More than 2 weeks have passed since i sent in photo's showing the patches that have appeared all over my screen.

Several (but useless) conversations have now occurred in this time and i have now received another email asking me to highlight the issues on the photo's. 

YOU CANT BLOODY MISS THEM. THERE ARE PATCHES ALL OVER THE BLOODY SCREEN AS SHOWN ON THE 10 PHOTO'S I SENT!!

The guy i just spoke to admitted he could see them but as i was the customer i had to send in the highlighted photo's. 

He then advised me that as the request had come from level 3, he would first have to escalate again to level 2 as he could not escalate to level 3!!

What a load a crap.

Anybody got an email address/phone number of somebody that actually helped them in Sony?

Cheers

andygoz

The sound issue and remote locking up is still happening

emailed sony multiple times ''its being looked at'' and there is no update.....

anyone else had joy?

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Hello again all.:smileyhappy:

I have been busy on other things of recent, but thought I'd drop in and say hi to all, and about my recent experience with my KDL-X83C Sony Bravia Android 4K TV.:smileyinfo:

I don't use it as a TV, so I generally refer to it as a display. It was a choice between this display and imiyama's new 4K Display, but I chose this one as it's Sony and they have been very good to me in the past.

What am I still perturbed by:

1) I was promised The Sony Video Ultra library app as they have in America

Still waiting...........:smileythumbsup::smileyplain::smileygeek::smileynot_talking::smileybomb:

2) I was promised HDR in an update

After going back to the Sony Store 4 times, they have stated to me, on my last visit, that it wont be getting HDR via an update.:smileygeek::smileynot_talking::smileyhi::smileysad:

Grrrrr:smileyalert:

Apart from that, from what I have seen of Android N, and custom launchers, I'm looking forward to seeing a Display where I can chose what is where on my GUI and what isn't, more importantly. :cool:

I feel sad for the forum user's that have reported in about DISEC, SECAM and other tuner issues the most. The set's fundamental satellite capabilities should be so much better than those reported. That and Analogue and Digital tuners also being underdeveloped and still lacking functionality. I would endeavour to work on these issue's first.:smileycool:

I also have had no luck modifying the bluetooth stack on my set, so still am unable to pair my earphones with it. It has been like this since purchase. I'd really like to be able to use my bluetooth earphone with my set.:smileyconfused:

Actually, I won't go on,

Kind regards all :handshake:

Richard

hughzy9mm
Explorer

Can i say i hate these TVs!!! mine reboots all the time, is laggy, playback of movie files is jittery as well as throwing all the sound through my BR-100!! 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Even after a Factory Reset?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
dajones23
New

New Bravia tv, bought on Amazon marketplace last week, and this is happening EVERY time I switch on the TV after leaving it for a few hours.

Very, very annoying. Power off, watch the Android animation for a few minutes, then everything works perfectly again. Until the next day.... When the whole process is repeated.

Remote dead, sound dead, totally unresposive.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or at least let me know of some work around until Sony find time to update?

Unlike others on here, who I sympathise with greatly, the rest of the TV works fine for me.

thanks in advance for your time.

dajones23
New

Btw, this was a reply to the post above:

The sound issue and remote locking up is still happening

Tintole
Explorer

My tv keeps becoming unresponsive to the remote after being on standby for a while, also sound goes off. 

I have tried to update and do factory reset but still have the issue. 

The best work around suggested elsewhere on this forum was to use the sideview app on my phone to bring the tv out of standby. 

The tv then works as it should and the remote comes back to life!!

Not ideal but better than turning off at the wall!!

Come on Sony, how hard can this be to fix!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Teknixjack
Explorer

Went home for lunch and my Tv had turned itself on AGAIN! When will they
sort these TVs out once and for all!? Or have Sony given up on the 2015
models?