Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@John1950Hitchin wrote:

@hextablephil For me 12 weeks without Football is a real plus.

I think you forgot Euro 2016 :laughing:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n wrote:

@John1950Hitchin wrote:

@hextablephil For me 12 weeks without Football is a real plus.

I think you forgot Euro 2016 :laughing:

Isnt there football in the Olympics too?  :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

@Risc0n@Anonymous It's not sport unless it's powered by carbon. Kicking a bit of plastic on a bit of grass and then getting overexcited is not my cup of tea. But it's good that we are all different, just have a look here to see that. :slight_smile:

Deanfeuillade

I rang the fabulous Sony helpline and my issue has been escalated. I was asked to send in photos as evidence of the clouding appearing on the screen and managed to capture it on dark and light screens and its deffo getting worse. It's clearly not an input issue as i even captured it on the home screen and within the Sony apps. However i was extremely worried when the guy on the phone said the "experts" he was escalating it may say it falls within normal operational boundaries! 

What the hell???

How can a screen that is developing patches all over it be normal operation!

I will be calling again today to find out the progress and will post back on here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ypmud150683

Appologies for not replying sooner, I missed your post :slight_smile:

In regards to finding the activation code for SEN on your TV, please see the following thread for instructions:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/registering-a-tv/m-p/2136954

Cheers

Thejak80

It seems the WiFi issue is more widespread than what it looks like on this forum just take a look at Sony's Facebook page and you've guessed it "contact support see what they suggest" 

All refer to the OS being the issue poor guys though no one at support has the heart to tell them that due to the football and Olympics we're all going to be waiting a long time for any issues to be fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thejak80

I didnt say that there definately wont be an update during the Euro2016 - however i think its unlikely.  You mentioned previously that you thought this was rubbish.  However i have to disagree with you on that, simply because I think that is the most responsible thing to do.  As others can probably attest to, sometimes a firmware update can have unintended consequences.  Theres potentially 100's of thousands all complaining at once if a failed firmware was released - and rightly so.. Same rule applies on not updating on Friday...  Do you see where im coming from here?  I may be completely wrong and Sony does release an update!

Anyway, there is almost a month between Euro and Olympics - perfect opportunity for an update.

Now onto your problem - yes there seems to be some people having wifi issues.  Have a look at this thread to see if it helps:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/android-tv-wifi-and-ethernet-issues/m-p/2147686

Also, have you tried using an ethernet cable - even as a test?  Could this be a work-around solution until such time its fixed?  Unknown if you have tried - but sometimes a factory reset can clear problems ?

Cheers

Thejak80

@Anonymous Apologies if I sound like I'm ranting it's nothing personal in the slightest just after this update to loose a somewhat fundamental feature of the set is a absolute shambles 

I've disabled WiFi aswell as Bluetooth due to my touch remote just locking up I don't really see the point of hoping that it works everytime Ethernet with a set of powerline adapters could be a option but I'm holding out until this mystical update comes along and I'll do it through USB

Like I say nothing personal in fact I feel quite bad for you being in the firing line as Sony's social media team are quite useless where as you keep plugging away trying to offer a resolution.

Just get us that bloody update! 

hextablephil
Explorer

There is an update out now that fixes the tv sound problem....it only took
sony 7 months to fix...
andygoz

Where did you hear about the update? No update available on mine.