Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Wills b.

Well said

john.pringle

Have you tried a full factory reset after you updated last week? It's helped a few people If your still having problems after a reset then why don't you send it back for an exchange don't forget after a reset your touchpad remote will need resetting.

Sent from my iPad
james16trees
Explorer

Since last update my 8509c won't go into standby unless rebooted first! Swapping to and from home screen is also very slow 10 seconds+ (my old 2012 nexus is much faster at everything android!!) sony support not responding to emails, and they are never open at useful times of day or week- normal weekday office hours only....since when has that been good customer service??! Also no freephone number.......Sony are a farce and laughing stock. Why oh why did i buy the tv......well panel is pretty darn good! I've tried all settings under the sun and several factory restores.......just need to start standby proceedure 10 minutes early EVERY time

also been waiting a year now for sony to fix amazon and video streaming locking up my blueray/htk system.....and counting.

perhaps android v6 will kill or cure?

Not happy with product, service or fact i spent £2600 and waited ages for arrival, got scammed by sony online store (took payment from my account and then advis ed 3 month delay....no refund......until i chased and cancelled order....they did ask why and they soon learnt why!) on something that has never worked 100%........refund Mr Sony??

But twice burnt=now learnt never ever to buy or reccomend Sony again......only been an avid supporter for 40 years......

Come on Sony, have an epiphany moment and get yourselves and products sorted! Please!

wills_b

It's ridiculous how much damage this has done to their reputation.

And judging by how patient a lot of people here are if there had been far more engagement, communication and ideally some kind of goodwill gesture, it would still have been a PR disaster but I don't think it would have turned loyal 40yr Sony customers away forever.
profile.country.GB.title
Calibar
Explorer

I've recently purchased a KD-55X8507C Android TV and with the deal came a HT-CT80 Soundbar, problem is...it keeps turning off after a while 10-15 mins.

This occurs with either Optical or Analog outputs. It like as if the Soundbar doesn't recognise that the TV is outputting any dound, but it is.

Also, when trying enter Home Cinema setup, it says the soundbar isn't compatible with the TV, which is kind of stupid since the TV comes with the soundbar.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one experiencing this, I hope to find a resolution to this problem.

Thanks.

louis8888
Explorer

Hi,

I have a 55 inch 1080p SONY tv that enable me to play H264.mov from my iPhone, I would like to replace it with a 4K UHD TV but SONY blocks 4K DLNA, DLAN should not bother about the type of file streamed, so it is SONY that decided that customers where childs and would not understand possible lags on wifi or slow networks.
 I understand that 50mbits or even 75mb flux should go preferably through 1000Gb wired Ethernet, and I do not understand that SONY blocked DLNA, so this is a marketing limitation!!!

I sent a message about it to sony support, if no response, i would be obliged to buy a Panasonic that enable 4K o

@louis8888 wrote:

Hi,

I have a 55 inch 1080p SONY tv that enable me to play H264.mov from my iPhone, I would like to replace it with a 4K UHD TV but SONY blocks 4K DLNA, DLAN should not bother about the type of file streamed, so it is SONY that decided that customers where childs and would not understand possible lags on wifi or slow networks.
 I understand that 50mbits or even 75mb flux should go preferably through 1000Gb wired Ethernet, and I do not understand that SONY blocked DLNA, so this is a marketing limitation!!!

I sent a message about it to sony support, if no response, i would be obliged to buy a Panasonic that enable 4K o

All of Sony's tv's since 2012 support DLNA with about 95% of all avaiable file formats, the 2015 sets is no exception. 4K video with H264- and H265-codec plays flawless on both wired and wireless here (I use it daily)

The "bottleneck" is your iPhone, it does not support DLNA sharing features like Android and Windows devices does.

louis8888
Explorer

Thank you but iphone DLNA (Arcmc app) works with panasonic and my sony 1080p, and it is Written in sony manual that DLNA 4K is not supported.

thank’s for your response anyway
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@Folkfanger

I have done a factory reset and it seems to have resolved the issue. Now i am able to have control of my audio system but not with the sony remote though. Before the update i could do Bravia sync and see all the settibgs of the audio system.

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@Folkfanger

I too have the stuck remote syndrome. When that hppens i just leave it for 30 seconds or until it starts to respond. If we try to do something when the Remote is stuck, there is a chance that the TV might reboot. I have noticed it a few times.