Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Kel520

Has anyone managed to watch a 3D film through Kodi?

The settings in the side menu.... 3D option disapears

Though the glasses seem to register with the TV I'm still left looking at a split screen (side by side).....Am I missing something?

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I can confirm that the 3D option is removed from the action menu when using Kodi. Curiously it remains in place when using Youtube, Video App, and Amazon Instant Apps.

You need the 3D option to enable the 3D mode in the TV (for side by side). The 3D function works well with HDMI input from Sky TV box, which is side by side until you set the TV to 3D mode via the Action menu.

Why the 3D option is removed with Kodi is a mystery, but maybe one for the Kodi community.

Edit : Just found a 3D demo on Youtube, the TV auto selected 3D mode and could be viewed in 3D with the Sony glasses.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

my prevous Youtube test was using the preinsatlled Youtube App, where 3D worked. Then I just had the idea of trying the same Youtube video using Kodi + Youtube Addon and I got the result that it would only play side by side, confirming that 3D does not work as I see it via Kodi.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
UKPiglet

Yesterday I turned on the TV from standby and iPlayer main screen was showing (probably where the kids left it). When I pressed "Back" on the remote the screen blanked, the SONY icon showed and the machine rebooted, It had lost settings. I had to re-enter netflix userid and password.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

profile.country.GB.title
Kel520

Thanks frogger for confirming that...I kind of guessed that might be the case.....something else perhaps to take up with Sony !!........Where oh where and when will it end ! Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Only 2 days to the lauch of YouView in UK. I hope the update does not introduce new bugs and goes someway to fix those described in the approximate 2300 comments in this thread. If it keeps improving and advertised features are provided by year end I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll be onto Sony for compensation or a replacement for a model that actually works as advertised. What a PR disaster for Sony. 

play365
Explorer

Hello My Bravia 49x8309c freezes after using my Playstation3 only thing I can do is unplug and reboot i'm sure I should not have to do this every time ?

phiwer
Explorer

I had the exact same issue yesterday (or the day before, can't remember).

I tried to turn on the tv but the tv wouldn't turn on. Punched the ON button a couple of times, and eventually the tv started with the Android animation going on. Netflix login was lost as you describe.

mk1.golf.1983

Our kdl43w755c was reluctant to turn on yesterday but it did aftersome perseverance with the remote.

walshy5050

hi people i have a sony bravia 55w809c can any one tell how to stop the tv general satellite to stop updateing every time i put my channel list on the next day it has auto updated and i have hundreds of channels all in mixed order i have auto update turned off is this another sony issue thanks