Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Kel520 According to the Kodi Wiki guide the app does not support 3D on ARM processors, which to Sony uses. Anyway it's a Kodi developers issue rather than Sony.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
SDCEGavster

@DaM3k0n wrote:

Brilliant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqvg1x6D8U&feature=youtu.be

Ah...gotta love the Onion.

(I can still laugh at this!!)

Wdp1234
Explorer

hi

Just noticed today in netflix and live tv via my sky box. That I'm seeing dotted lines of black like missing pixels mostly on and around faces. I've rebooted my 43W756C tv and it seems to of cleared the problem up. However not sure if it will stay away, if it comes back whats causing it and is there a better fix than what I tried?

Thanks

MasaruIbuka
Explorer

louis8888:

4K files playback through both wired and wireless connections. The format table on the manual shows it can play 3840 X 2160 60Hz through Home Network. What server / app are you using?

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

a HT-CT80 Soundbar, problem is...it keeps turning off after a while 10-15 mins.

Lucky you! My non-Sony soundbar keeps waking up when the TV is off. It times out becasue of no singnal ...switches off and immediately switches back on again. Worked OK with my old Sharp TV.

joquinn27
Explorer

How do you set the Tivo box to the higher settings you mention.
Triswillmott

I've had it with Sony now. Finally got my 55x8509c back from the repair centre after 3 weeks. Main pcb board was replaced and firmware updates to the latest software.
Switched the tv and within the first hour it crashed 3 times and rebooted. The clicks from the back of the tv are worse than ever and I now get a small shock if I touch the bezel.
This evening I decided to cast a YouTube video from my phone to the tv and the tv appears as a 75x8505c!! After 3 weeks of testing and the last week testing the firmware they've not noticed they installed the wrong firmware entirely!
Guessing since the 75" is local dimming rather than edge lit that the firmware processes the picture differently hence why I can no longer watch anything with a dark background because the tv just pixelated everything in the centre and glows bright at the edges??? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
To top it off its outputting sound to my HR-ct780 wrong and causing a whole lot of sibilance! Sounds like everyone on tv has a terrible lisp.

Absolutely terrible experience so far in the 2 months of ownership of this tv.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triswillmott - I fully agree, not good at all.  I have flagged your post to Sony.  I also would not be happy either !

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Anonymous Any updates on those bugs you have stickied? I am hoping the 3D bug is fixed in tomorrows firmware?