Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n - No further updates im afraid 😞  Ive asked !

I do not think there will be any bug fixing in this update tomorrow - I could be wrong, but....  The YouView update is specific to UK Only, many of the reported issues are EU as well.  Its only a guess though.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Risc0n - No further updates im afraid 😞  Ive asked !

I do not think there will be any bug fixing in this update tomorrow - I could be wrong, but....  The YouView update is specific to UK Only, many of the reported issues are EU as well.  Its only a guess though.

Damn, they sure are dragging their heels on this!

louis8888
Explorer

Hi,
Thank you for your response, I did not buy the android tv yet because I saw in the manual (sony support site download) in small character addendum that 4K was not supported over DLNA but only over USB HDD.
This enable me to discover this thread about android that is really frightning !!!

And I got not ANY response to my mail from SONY support !? both on UK site and on French Site.

So I will not buy an Android SONY anyway.

Good luck with firmware updates. I feel sorry for you all.

Best regards

//Edited by Quinnicus to change subject title back to original

Sdroid

What? I have no problem playing 4k over dlna

//Edited by Quinnicus to change subject title back to original

Anonymous
Not applicable

@louis8888 can you please tell me where you got this information from and ill check into it.  As Sdroid says above, it works for them, so.... Have you actually tried to play a 4K file via a DLNA device?

sassbs
Explorer

Hi Just saw the update is out, don't have 30 minutes to install it at present. Enjoy Sent from my Windows Phone
louis8888
Explorer

Hi, Most of PC/MAC/IPhone mediaservers convert video files before sending it to the TV, are you sure that you see 4K on the screen, my experience is that on a SONY 1080p TV, you can see easily a difference between original 1080p capture and 4K capture converted to 1080p, the later is far better, so it is possible that you feel that TV is showing 4K but in fact it is showing the better video 4Kcapture converted to 1080p Thank you anyway best regards From the manual, PC connection, list of supported formats 4K

Ultra HD content is supported as follows: SOURCE PHOTO MOVIE Internet streaming Supported Netflix® Ultra HD 4K , Amazon 4K Ultra HD instant video USB Supported Supported (HEVC) DLNA Supported Not supported HDMI Supported Supported

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/85970/~/what-media-player-file-...

Heckie

I've installed YouView - works really well. Massive improvement on functionality with the mini guide.

Still no 5.1 from Google Play Movies, so maybe no bug fixes and still Android 5.1.1.

mk1.golf.1983

Really? I just installed it and now i want to uninstall it. The ui is slow and there is no programme reminder. The Youview android app doesn't work with it either. 

Heckie

Mine works well not sluggiush at all, but tbh I've not really had any of the issues reported on here.