Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
EggDublin

I've updated everything and youview is installed. Don't have an ariel connection availible but it says on the website that I should still have access to catch-up which is all I want. Have internet but cannot see any way to access catch-up. Can anyone help?

After I switched from PLEX till KODI I've begun to experience lip sync issues and some other issues.

The lip sync is only encountered when watching FRIENDS (stereo track) and mostly when Rachel or Monica talks, seems in sync most of the time when ex. Chandler blobs out with jokes..

Another thing is, SOMETIMES when I play a movie with surround, only static loud noise comes out of my speakers.

I have enabled 5.1 speakers, best match and audio passthrough including DTS and Dolby capable options. Turing it of doesnt help on lip sync, nor does turning hardware acceleration off or on... what the heck do I need to do? 

ANDYST3

Re the you view update i have upgraded to the latest software  and because i do not have a tv areial as i have sky via satielite youview will not work!!!! Making it useless for me as cannot access itv player and channel four  on demand yet can use bbc iplayer and demand 5 & would of expected that you could tune the channels via internet as with BT youview boxes and now tv - yes people will say i have all the on demand sevices via sky

very disappionted that you cannot use youview via my BT infinity connection 

Heckie

All the catch-up apps should appear under Featured Apps on the Home screen  - I have iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and 5 Player - they all work as separate apps without launching YouView.

profile.country.GB.title
chelmersteve
Explorer

I've installed the YouView update and now want to remove it - how can I do this?

The interface is intrusive and generally annoying

mk1.golf.1983

The lack of reminder and programme info and sluggish ui did it for me. I too would like it removed or disabled, keeping the on demand players would be nice though.

ANDYST3

Channel 4  on demand and itv player  yes they are in featured apps but everytime i click on to them to open them it takes me to youview set up section is this a fault then or do i need an areial or do i need to reboot again or go through intial setup

bbc iplayer and demand 5 work no problem 

Heckie

You get programme info if you press the relevant button on the remote.

Yeah there should be a reminder function - that is an oversight. This is v1 of the software, so no doubt (ok maybe a few doubts) it will be improved.

danielbeyzade

Which website does it say this on?
EggDublin

@danielbeyzade

Not sure if you are asking me that question but Sony's website says:

Can I use YouView on my Sony TV without an aerial?

Yes, you'll still be able to watch On Demand and use the search features (Internet required). However you will miss out on Live TV. For the best experience, we recommend using both an aerial and an Internet connection.

In my case I think it's a geo locaction issue. I will try a VPN instead of smart dns and report back.