Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
hextablephil
Explorer

If you go to settings and do the update which was put out on 12th Apr,
once downloaded and installed then do a factory data reset , this has
solved the problem for a lot of bravia owners. I know it's annoying but
until Sony decide to launch another update this is all that can be done. I
hope this solves your tv problem.
Deanfeuillade

Hi all

I'm still waiting for someone to call me back re my issue and wanted to vent my spleen at somebody in Sony. Can anyone PM me any email addresses that you have used in the past to escalate your issues as the helpdesk is beyond useless.

i just phoned for an update on my issue as its been a week since i had to send in more photographic evidence (over a month since first raised the issue). I was told that it was with the highest level of support available.

I thought i would test the agents honesty and asked "is my case with level 2 then"? 

"That's correct" he said. "Its the highest level of support".

So i replied "the last guy i spoke to said my case had been passed to level 3 as that was the highest level of support"

I couldn't believe his response. He said "sorry, I didn't know that you knew about our levels of support and i meant to say it's with level 3"

What a load of bullcrap.

Any email addresses you have would be very welcome.

hextablephil
Explorer

I don't have any email adresses for you but have you tried a factory data
reset
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Deanfeuillade 

Hi there

I have escalated your complaint back to Sony, they should be in contact with you in the next day or so.

Im not sure on what your issues are, but is it something this forum can help with?

Cheers

ypmud150683
Explorer

Can I ask a really strange question are you all experiencing lip sync issues from audio direct from the TV speakers ?

The only reason I ask is that on the DBVS2 and DVBT tuners i was noticing poor sync issues on the TV speakers but once i outputed to my AMP the issues dissapeared, I am curious if anyone else is having that issue and being resolved with output to their AV AMP?

Deanfeuillade

Hi there

More than 2 weeks have passed since i sent in the original photo's showing the patches that have appeared all over my screen.

Several conversations have now occurred in this time and i then received another email asking me to highlight the issues on the photo's.

YOU CANT BLOODY MISS THEM. THERE ARE PATCHES ALL OVER THE BLOODY SCREEN AS SHOWN ON THE PHOTO'S I SENT!!

The guy i spoke to admitted he could see them but as i was the customer i had to send in the highlighted photo's.

He then advised me that as the request had come from level 3, he would first have to escalate again to level 2 as he could not escalate to level 3!!

The patches are getting worse and really show up when the screen is darkest. It's very hard to get a photo as when the screen is dark it acts like a big mirror and the photo just catches the reflection. I have managed to capture the issue on several different screens though and sent them in.

The software is all up to date and I have performed several factory resets but the issue is still there.

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Deanfeuillade

Tried that one a few times and unfortunately no improvement .

elraouk

I find myself staring at lips when watching via plex. Not a strange perversion, just conscious of previous sync issues and can't tell of its slightly out or not
This was sent using a LG Mobile. On O2
profile.country.GB.title
Teknixjack
Explorer

Lightbleed?
Deanfeuillade

The patches appear light when the screen is dark and then reverse on a lighter screen and show as dark patches.

if I open up one of the Apps from the home screen it's really noticeable.