Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
frankie1g

Yep 

Sent from my Samsung device
aoriol

I'm experiencing a nasty boot loop bug on my 2015 Bravia.

Can anyone please help me? 😞 I've moved it out of the UK so I can't service it for free anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
Batemansxxxb
Explorer

You view to guide froze again when scrolling down a page,so turned the TVs off by the remote,which then became unresponsive,had to reboot the  tv, by pulling the power cord out,when it rebooted,you view to guide was again unresponsive for a while,I put the channel number in  manually with the remote,got a message saying interactive tv had stopped,eventually the you view guide resumed,I would stop,using you view,but can't get catch up to without it & freeview guide doesn't scroll down a page with the channel +\- button on the remote 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I also have this error and the "BLE Advertising Service has stopped responding" occassionaly. Bluetooth for what?

Darkvash27
Explorer

Hi All,

My name is Ricardo, and would like to hear some opinions about my problem.

Exactly a year ago, i've bought a Sony KDL-43W808c Android TV.

The experience, has been great, until today. Today the TV broke down as seen in this picture:

P_20160819_204425.jpg

I've looked around, and couldn't find any complain with the same problem with these models. But there's tons of other brands, and Sony other models, with the same faults.

Of course i've called the support, since I have 2 years of warranty, but my believe in the brand is crushed...

I have a Bravia LCD from 2007 and its running great, serving as spare right now. How could these new models break after 1 year?

If i'm right, and the fault is in the panel, there's probably a chance that, if repaired or even swapped for a new one, it might happen again, that's a horrible thing... waiting for a device to break down...

Anyone had any kind of problems like this?

Best regards,

Ricardo [Edited to remove surname for privacy]

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Ricardo

I had a Toshiba laptop that did this. Toshiba fixed it under warranty, and then out of warranty, it did it again.

But it was a known fault with these.

Regarding your set, like you say, there are lots of reports of other makes, and other series of Sony models, doing this, so it is a thing that panels do.

But it does not seem to be a reported generic fault with this series, so you should not, perhaps, worry unduly about a recurrence, after you get it fixed under warranty,

While it probably is a hardware fault, though, it cannot hurt to try a few resets; the one where you keep your finger on the On/Standby button for ten seconds, then the one where you pull the power to the set (don't just switch it off) for two minutes, and finally the full Factory Reset, if you can see enough on the screen to find it.

Until either one of them works, or all your options are exhausted, and the set has to go back.

I buy everything I can from Richer Sounds, in the UK, to get the peace of mind of their five year warranty, which is most inexpensive, or even free sometimes.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Darkvash27
Explorer

Thanks for the reply royabrown.

I triend reseting everything, even knowing that it is an hardware fault. I work with costumer support, reseting things and testing is almost a way of life :slight_smile:

I had the option for 5 year warranty, it was not very expensive (40e) but I thought, "this is a Sony, I own Lot's of Sony produtcs, they dont break berofore the 5 year mark". My KLV-S32A10E is almost 10 years old and works like a charm. Hell, even my playstation 1 is still working and we all know that those lasers were garbage 😐

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Juddering issue on Sony 4K TVs when using a UHD Set-top box – 19. August

19 August 2016

We’re aware that 4K images displayed through your UHD Set-top box (STB) may be experiencing a juddering sensation, after the TV is switched on from standby mode.

A firmware update will be released within September to resolve this issue.

Until then, to alleviate this symptom, please use the temporary workarounds explained in the following FAQ: Juddering images when watching 2160p (4K) output from UHD Set-top boxes via HDMI

We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

"Well then, don't do it'

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
frankie1g

Who thinks sky and bt have been on sonys back to sort this in just a month. 
Shame they listen to them quickly but not us

Sent from my Samsung device