3D in Action Menu - Android 6 (BUG N8)

SOLVED
profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

3D in Action Menu - Android 6 (BUG N8)

https://community.sony.ua/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

(BUG N8) No 3D Options in Action Menu

https://community.sony.ua/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2089584#M69

!!! Please remove this item !!!
In Android 6, it is not only not fixed, but also the opportunity to use a single solution:

----

Work-Around:

Use the Video and TV SideView app on a smartphone or tablet.  Alternatively, if you have a previous generation remote control, this has a dedicated 3D button which works.

----

This is a targeted destruction of this option!

You mislead people. People hope to fix this problem. But this is not a problem for Sony!

And it does not does not look like on another bug. Rather, this is a mockery.

People need to know what they will lose with the update to new firmware Android 6.

----

And just do not have to point out the problems in third-party players again.
It's just a window setup. Which now nowhere and nowhere to call, except for the standard player.

---------------------------------------------------------------
KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Both

I have separated the bugs/issues into two lists.  The second list has the extra bugs/issues for the people who have updated to Marshmallow.  This therefore creates a new bug/issue for this particular problem.  :slight_smile:

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2308279#M17685

I have also notified Sony as well.

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @svansvan

I no longer have access to an Android based 3D TV, so relying on you guys here.  The reason that its on the bugs list is that its not fixed, correct??

I think some things have been lost here upon translation - but does the work around no longer work??

Im sorry that you believe I am misleading people - I am not a Sony employee, and will update the bugs list when I see/hear back from people on the forums - But I am not fully understanding why you want me to remove this from the bugs list?

Cheers

profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

In Android 6 they killed the barely working functional on call 3d options.
It's not like fixing. Then this is not a bug. This is a specially created
functional. And what is called Work-Around: This is an exploit that they have closed in Android 6.
Functional: Show 3d option - ONLY in native player.

Or do you think that this is a new bug where now through TV-SideView is no longer possible to enable this option too ? It does not seem like a solution to the problem.

It turns out that this is not a bug, it's just a functional, where this option is active only in its native player.

On android 5 in third-party players, I did not have this option in ActiveMenu, but could call it through tv-sideview.

KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the extra info.  Just before I update the bug post - to confirm:

• The work around no longer works in Android 6, as Sony has purposely closed this
  • 3D is only available and functional in the native player (i.e. Video) as this is what Sony is intending

Hence this is no longer a bug, but working as designed (by Sony) - 3D only works in native player and not in any others.

If this is the case, I will still keep this bug on the list for those that have not upgraded to Marshmallow, but modify it to suite both Android Versions.

Cheers

Edit: Your edit explains things much clearer now.  I will update and correct soon.  Cheers

profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

Yes that's right.

Everything is absolutely correct.

THANK YOU!
I really would like it to be a new bug (in android 6), but it's obvious that it's unlikely. 😞

---

and sorry for my English :flushed:

KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
profile.country.RU.title
axelr424

@Anonymous

Small addition

There is no any opportunity to switch 3d mode manually in third-party applications

Android TV 5 - no option in Action menu, but we can use button "3D" in app Video & TV SideView 

Android TV 6 - no option in Action menu, we can not use button "3D" in app Video & TV SideView (we see "Function not supported" or something similar, don't know how to translate correctly) 

But 3D mode works in third-party media players if stereo-movie could activate 3D-mode by it self  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Both

I have separated the bugs/issues into two lists.  The second list has the extra bugs/issues for the people who have updated to Marshmallow.  This therefore creates a new bug/issue for this particular problem.  :slight_smile:

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2308279#M17685

I have also notified Sony as well.

Cheers

profile.country.US.title
LoganT
Explorer

Hi, I have found a solution to the 3D not showing up in the action menu problem.

Using either your iPhone or Android phone download an app caleld "Peel Smart Remote" it's basically a universal remote app.  Even if you don't have a cable subscription just put in your zip code and pick a random provider.

Anyway, once you're in the app click the settings icon then "Living Room" and at the bottom click "Add Device" click "Check Compatibility" under "Remote Control Over WiFI" hit "Start" your tv should come right up. Click it and then hit "Done"

Then go back to the first screen. You should be able to enable the remote at the bottom right side of the screen, it's a yellow icon. Now if you scroll down you'll see a bunch of icons for the 3D you want to hit the icon "MODE3D" alternatively you can also make a custom remote that just has the 3d button. 

Once you hit the "MODE3D" button you should be able to enable 3D in applications like Kodi. 

The Peel Smart Remote app is the only thing that has worked for me.

profile.country.RU.title
axelr424

TV 2015 model year and Android 6.0?

profile.country.US.title
LoganT
Explorer

I have a Sony XBR55850C and I have the latest software update so I assume yes.