Join now - be part of our community!

49X8005C - Automatic update failed

profile.country.GB.title
dalalla
Explorer

49X8005C - Automatic update failed

My TV suggested me an update firmware last week. I accepted that update, but it never finished.

Now, I can't turn on TV and i can see a red light blinking.

I want to know how to fix it or how to reset TV.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try a forced factory reset:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

If that fails, can you please tell me how many times that red light blinks?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dalalla
Explorer

I cant do this reset because TV doesnt turn on.

Red light blicks 6 times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cannot find the service manual for the X8005C TV, but both the X830C and X850C series TVs list 6x Blinks as backlight failure.

Unfortunately you will need to arrange for your TV to be repaired as it is a hardware failure.  Please see this link for repair centers near you:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

I am sorry that I cant be more helpful than that Im afraid.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dalalla
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

However, i cant understand how an automatic update can produce a hardware failure... 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant explain it either to be honest - other than sheer coincidence.

Im not an employee of Sony or even a TV engineer - so I can only really 'guess' to be honest.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous and @dalalla

Six red blinks, other than LCD panel, can also mean a G* board (power supply DPS) with same possibility and a B* board (main processor board) as a secondary possibility. This is any case a Backlight panel issue, but the cause can be other than LCD panel itself. A bad voltage provided by DPS or a bad voltage "command" from main board.

Most possible cause is a "communication error" between main board and LCD's tcon board during firmware update.

The TV is not necessary to be powered ON if you want to try a forced factory reset.

You can also ask the Sony service and support about how to Enter the self diagnosis screen and check the real cause. They could also guide you to re-transfer some settings from tcon to main board. This may revive your set if you are lucky.

Anonymous
Not applicable

THanks @MiCal1967 for the detailed info.  You're probably looking at the same triage chart that I am.  Although I dont have one for the X80c series (unless you do!), but I was being careful on making a direct conclusion on what the issue is, as sometimes Sony have the un-canny habit of changing the blink codes between different models of the same year.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

Yes, what you say about blinks on different models is true. I think the KDL-W.... have different leds and blinks than KD series. I am not sure that it is the software but we saw similar issues with amber lights blinking during previous firmware updates.Unfortunately people solved their issue only on repair center.

And this was software that caused a hardware replacement.