Join now - be part of our community!

The Sony Android TV Experience - Marshmallow Update

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It is time for yet another review update. I decided to put the review based on Marshmallow on a new page.

The review is a complete overhaul with adaptions due to the Marshmallow update, but also quite some new findings and helpful information. I therefore encourage everybody who already read my first review on Sony Android TV to again read through the many pages. Might be worth it :wink: .

So here are the links:

The Sony Android TV Experience (Marshmallow/2017)

Bugtracker

As a quick conclusion I want to say that Marshmallow did fix some problems, mainly in 3rd party components though, with Sony custom software still suffering from countless bugs (especially Live TV).

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to KM's bugtracker above, there is also one on this community for those that are not aware. 

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2300632

Also a thanks to KM, as his review and bugtracker is quite helpful !

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Hey guys,

I just published the summer update based on firmware 3.885. Quite some sections received updates. See initial posting for links to review and bug tracker.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Well this update is useless!! 

Amazon still judders... And when you use action menu in Amazon still judders can't see the difference. 

My Hardisk still dismounts 

And HDMI ARC function is still useless and my Denon amp still comes on and off randomly!! 

So all in all a complete waste if crap!!! 

10months onto a 1 year warranty Sony have shocking customer service like iv never seen before and thankfully John Lewis have stepped in to take matters further for a TV swap out. 

I'm never ever buying a Sony product alone as their customer service is seriously bad. 

As if late last week iv taken this to BBC Watchdog program. 

Iv never had such bad customer service before from their customer technical support!!!