Join now - be part of our community!

49XD8305 and IPv6

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

49XD8305 and IPv6

Hi,

having got my tv communicating without failure over Ethernet, I decided it was time to look at the other setup options.  So naturally I tried the prioritising IPv6 setting but i haven't been able to make it connect.  I can get it working on the LAN but it fails on the WAN, has anyone been successful over IPv6 yet?  I do have real IPv6 connection to the outside world on my router and am using googles IPv6 dns.

thanks, Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

My bad, I had slaac stateless management when I should have had dhcpv6 stateful selected. Now works seamlessly with IPv6 as the priority.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@mikesmith63 wrote:

Hi,

having got my tv communicating without failure over Ethernet, I decided it was time to look at the other setup options.  So naturally I tried the prioritising IPv6 setting but i haven't been able to make it connect.  I can get it working on the LAN but it fails on the WAN, has anyone been successful over IPv6 yet?  I do have real IPv6 connection to the outside world on my router and am using googles IPv6 dns.

thanks, Mike.

I just turned IPv6 on, on my KD-43X8309C, and it connected, and is communicating fine.

But setting IPv6 does not seem to make IPv4 go away, so maybe it is still using this?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

My bad, I had slaac stateless management when I should have had dhcpv6 stateful selected. Now works seamlessly with IPv6 as the priority.