Join now - be part of our community!

49XE9005 judder issues when Live Colour enabled?

profile.country.GB.title
sneals2000
Explorer

49XE9005 judder issues when Live Colour enabled?

Just bought a 49XE9005 - and am very happy with it but for ONE major issue.  

I disable all the major processing functions on all TVs (I work in TV as a day job and llike to see pictures as un-enhanced as I can so they look as true to the pictures I see at work as possible).

HOWEVER - when I disable Live Colour (i.e. set it to Off) - when I watch Sky+HD (not Sky Q) connected via HDMI and watch 1080i native shows - like Strictly, The One Show etc., I noticed some very nasty jump backs on shot changes/cuts (you can clearly see it on crawling captions, just after a shot change the crawl jumps back - and it's very easy to see when you film the screen in Slow Mo on an iPhone).   It's consistent on some test footage I have on my Sky+ HD box, but watching Strictly on Saturday (first show I watched on the new TV) it was happening all over the place. 

It can also be really obvious on the BBC News Channel ticker at times too.  When I enable Live Colour on Low, Medium or High, this 'jump back on a cut' disappears.

(I do have Motion Flow set to Off)

I'm not convinced that there aren't other odd things happening on shot changes either - but the jump back one stops if Live Colour is enabled.

Has anyone else seen this?  Could it be a faulty TV - or have I uncovered a general processing bug?

I don't want to run with Live Colour enabled...

I suspect I may master some 1080i stuff with timecode burned in - then film the result to see what is happening...

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi sneals2000, 

Thank you for your message and welcome to the community. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you shortly.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
sneals2000
Explorer

Thanks Pascale_F

I can upload the source clip and an off-screen slow motion recording of the
issue if that helps. I've separate reported it to Sony Customer Services.
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @sneals2000 - getting in touch with Support (as you have done) is the best course of action here, as it looks like this needs further investigation.  Cheers, C

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

There is no better way of wasting your time than contacting Sony support. They know nothing about TV and their own products...