Join now - be part of our community!

Pairing KD-43X8305C with other devices does not work

micask8
New

Pairing KD-43X8305C with other devices does not work

I have Sony Bravia KD-43X8305C. The Chrome Cast seemed to work very unrealibly (often the devices were not found) so I decided to unpair the TV with my Win10 laptop, Win10 phone and Android phone. I removed all the pairings and tried to pair the devices again. 

The problem is that when trying to pair the Win10 devices, the TV does not react in any way. No devices are ever found. The Samsung Android phone goes a little better. It looks like the phone finds the TV. I select pairing them. The tv shows the passcode on screen and the same code appears on the phone screen asking if it's the correct one. I click ok. But, after a few seconds the phone says that the devices cannot be paired since the passcode is incorrect. 

I also tried such way that I let the TV search bluetooth devices. It does not find any. And yes, all the devices are discoverable and fully charged. 

Any ideas how to get this thing working? Maybe factory reset for the TV?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi micask8,

Welcome and thanks for your question. We'll look into this pairing issue and get back to you.

Thanks,

EdwinaU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi micask8,

Please have a look if you are running the latest firmware on your television. It might be possible that you have to update.

If so, you can try if a factory reset helps.

Best, 

Arthur