Join now - be part of our community!

55xd8005 Restarts when searching for channels

eatmyram
Explorer

55xd8005 Restarts when searching for channels

My newly bought TV restarts everytime I try to search for digital channels (or analog channels). 

Also restarts when trying to tune manually. 

I managed to get the channel search working one time, but everytime the tv starts and jumps to tv "mode" it restarts again. 

Is this a software related problem and can I fix it myself? The TV downloaded and installed the latest software when I first made my setup on the tv. 

Can that be the problem? Can I reverse the latest software?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What a weird and frustrating problem you have!

At the moment, I can only suggest that you do a factory reset of the TV, instructions HERE.  Also check the condition of your aerial cable and that it is plugged in fully and in the right socket.

Cheers

Edit: There is no way to roll-back the firmware.  But a factory reset after a FW update can work wonders.

eatmyram
Explorer

Thanks for your reply!

I tried a soft reset without sucess, everytime I try to search for channels the tv restarts itself. 

Unplugged the CA modul and the antenna cable and made a channel search just to se what happend.. Same result, tv restart itself. Everything else seems to work... very frustrating. 

Think I´ll have to return the tv and have it checked 😞

I had same problem on my kd75xd8505 it had been tuned to yourkshire by the online shop i live in teeside so clear all stored chanells and retune it worked for me :slight_smile: