Join now - be part of our community!

55XE9305 - Prime Video NO 4k options

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

55XE9305 - Prime Video NO 4k options

Mods: Thanks for deleting my post from earlier. Please refrain, I've got a legitimate question and I will keep on posting it if you're going to delete it.

I cannot get any 4k options in Prime Video on my 55XE9305 - that's using both the Native App and a PS4 Pro. I do not have a "Included with Prime 4k Ultra HD TV" category and none of the regular streams ever go above 1080p

Both the PS4 Pro and Native Netflix apps work fine - 2060p, HDR all working.

It's as if the Prime Video app is not seeing my system as being 4k capable, when I know it is and Netflix confirms this. Any ideas? Getting frustrated.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Scroll aaaaall the way down. It takes some time but a 4K will appear eventually. Also search does not reveal 4K content. Seems like Amazon is hiding the stuff...

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Provided that you have the latest revision of the app 4.5.17, you might want to delete data/cache under Home > Settings > Apps > Prime Video

UHD Original Prime Series should be on the 4th row. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@dutchiceschrieb:

Provided that you have the latest revision of the app 4.5.17, you might want to delete data/cache under Home > Settings > Apps > Prime Video

UHD Original Prime Series should be on the 4th row. 

Didn't change anything for me. Only that I had to re-login in this very bad app which does not support any 3rd party keyboard. 4K Prime content is still aaaall the way down. Probably depends on the region and server over which you access Amazon Video.

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

No matter what I tried - manually stopping the app despite the warning, resetting app and clearing cache, there was just no 4k option.

I know Amazon don't offer much - but it was just frustrating I couldn't see what was there.

Last night the OTA firmware upgrade was offered - I know some people have reported issues with Netflix after this update, however I decided to install it.

Reset the TV afterards, then spent some time putting all of my pictre settings back in.

Amazon Prime Video app is now version 4.4.0 and at last there is that 4k tiles about 5 sections down!

Cheers all

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Good job. Please read this related thread as well for the latest version of the app.