Join now - be part of our community!

65A1 ARC issues

profile.country.GB.title
Cheekymuppet
Explorer

65A1 ARC issues

Hi

ive seen that there was an ARC issue with the OREO update which has been resolved but recently got a Sonos Arc soundbar and when I connect with HDMI through ARC it works fine until I power off the tv and then when I turn the tv back on the sound right doesn’t work / connect.  If I start disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cables (not the arc one) then I sometimes works again it not always, but it stops working again after the tv powers off and on again. 

ive seen some other posts recently saying the same thing but haven’t seen a definitive fix or workaround. I tried he workarounds for the  issue for Oreo but these haven’t worked for me either. 

help / suggestions very welcome as currently I seem to have a faulty TV:-(

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You don't have a faulty tv but a faulty soundbar. If you look in the community there is a long thread about Sonos soundbars not working as expected and all those users waiting for a fix from Sony...

profile.country.GB.title
Cheekymuppet
Explorer

Thanks @rooobb @any chance of links to this as the comments aren’t particularly useful...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just look for sonos in the search option for the community there are plenty

One is https://community.sony.it/t5/android-tv/sonos-beam-arc-problem/m-p/2739792#M43021

profile.country.GB.title
Cheekymuppet
Explorer

H

im not sure that thread answers the question ... the solution was to use optical out. 

I still think if the issue was a Sonos one then there would be a lot more people saying that Sonos doesnt work...

With my setup I think the issue is with Bravia sync as when I goto the Bravia sync device list nothing is showing up, even if I reset and try and rediscover the devices. I also have a PS4 which doesn’t show up in Bravia sync and you’d think that would definitely show up. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you disconnect the Sonos soundbar I'm pretty sure the PS4 will show up. The question can be reversed: there would be plenty of complain if all other manufacturer soundbars had a problem with Sony TVs (as it was the case with the very first release of Oreo)

profile.country.GB.title
Cheekymuppet
Explorer

I have disconnected the soundbar (it’s now using optical) and the PS4 still isn’t showing up in Bravia sync

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try rebooting both. In case also detach the HDMI plug