Join now - be part of our community!

Adding a Blu-Ray Player to Android TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
exaliesha
Explorer

Adding a Blu-Ray Player to Android TV

I want to add a Blu-Ray player to my Sony 43xe7003bu TV bought in January 2018 and working with a Sony HT-SD35 Sound Bar and sub-Woofer.Any advice on best model not too expensive!)and connection issues would be welcome.

exAliesha

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@exaliesha 

Stay all-Sony; there shouldn’t be any issues at all. Plug in via HDMI and off you go.

HD or UHD?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/blu-ray-dvd-players/t/blu-ray-disc-players

For HD, pick the BDP-S3700: the 1700 isn’t WiFi, and the 6700 would let your Sony TV upscale anyway, so the upscaling would be wasted; £79 at Argos

For UHD, if that is what you want to really do the TV justice, the UBP X700; well worth the small premium over the X500, and I doubt you will want to go up to the X800. £184 at PRC Direct

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I don't think your TV has dolby vision so I'd maybe think about the x500 and save £60 (assuming you want 4k Blu Ray) 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@exaliesha 

Stay all-Sony; there shouldn’t be any issues at all. Plug in via HDMI and off you go.

HD or UHD?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/blu-ray-dvd-players/t/blu-ray-disc-players

For HD, pick the BDP-S3700: the 1700 isn’t WiFi, and the 6700 would let your Sony TV upscale anyway, so the upscaling would be wasted; £79 at Argos

For UHD, if that is what you want to really do the TV justice, the UBP X700; well worth the small premium over the X500, and I doubt you will want to go up to the X800. £184 at PRC Direct

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
exaliesha
Explorer

Many thanks, I'll check the models you listed.

exAliesha

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I don't think your TV has dolby vision so I'd maybe think about the x500 and save £60 (assuming you want 4k Blu Ray) 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Actually one thought.  Would you ever want to play a CD to your soundbar with the Tv switched off? In which case go for the x700 and not the 500 as you can output via digital to your soundbar (though looks like you'd need a converter as ones optical and ones digital) 

4k player needs connecting to hdmi 2 assuming you use the arc connection to your soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
exaliesha
Explorer

Many thanks, I'll check out both the 500 and the 700.

exAliesha