Join now - be part of our community!

AF8 Dolby Vision Blocky

profile.country.GB.title
ScottyDoo1984

AF8 Dolby Vision Blocky

Hi All,

seems to be a largely discussed topic but I can't find anything that helps. Dolby Vision sucks on my new AF8. My friend has the A1 and it's perfect but on mine any shadows or dark areas are really blocky. I am running the latest firmware and viewing from in built apps (Netflix, Amazon) any time the TV goes into Dolby Vision mode the problem occurs. In other 4K content the display is perfect so I think it's software related. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
ScottyDoo1984

Hi Yes firmware is up to date
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Scott,

It might be best to get in touch with the Support team for further help on this issue here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
ScottyDoo1984

Hi,

Thanks yes I logged a call this morning but the phone line is closed over the weekend so I thought I'd try the forums :slight_smile:
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

It is also possible to contact the team via email.

Perhaps someone else in the community may be able to help.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
shurns
Explorer

I've been having this same issue as well. I currently have the same model (A8F in US).

profile.country.GB.title
ScottyDoo1984

I think it is a common if not universal issue with this model. I have a support case open with Sony so I will post my results. The company I bought the TV from have said if they can't replicate the issue they will swap the TV out and if they can they are willing to swap it for a different model so at least I have options. Bit gutted that I have to wait to watch the new series of DareDevil out tonight though :disappointed_relieved:

profile.country.GB.title
shurns
Explorer

I have the Sony UBP-x700 connected to the TV, where it has Netflix also built into the UHD Video Player. Netflix's Dolby Vision seems to work perfectly fine on the UHD video player. So I doubt it's the TV, but the Netflix Application built onto the TV that looks to be the problem here. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. If you have a UHD Video Player or some other device that's hooked to the TV and has a Netflix app on your device, you should give it a try and see would you experience the same issue on said device. If it works, you can enjoy watching Daredevil :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
ScottyDoo1984

Thanks, I don't have any other UHD supporting devices but I may ask to borrow a friends PS4 Pro to test this and rule it out.

Cheers