Join now - be part of our community!

After turn on KDL 43W805C image is displayed but no sound and TV lock

profile.country.GB.title
Cyberlife
Explorer

After turn on KDL 43W805C image is displayed but no sound and TV lock

Hello

Less than a month that I've bought Sony KDL 43W805C TV

I updated TV And there was no problem, But in two previous day After connecting power and turn on the TV, image is displayed but no sound and TV could not be controlled via remote and the buttons on the TV And should pull the plug from the outlet and then connect again
How do I fix this problem

4 REPLIES 4
hextablephil68
Explorer

Me too, this is getting ultra annoying now. Sony say do a factory reset.  Done this but problem still exists

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@

Remove batteries from both Remote Control and Touchpad Remote.

Then check if TV channels or sound can be controlled from TV buttons.

Sometimes a whichever stuck button on a remote blocks all other operations.

This could also be a stuck button on TV backside control. Check the feel of a pressed button on those. Try to "feel" the click.

profile.country.GB.title
Cyberlife
Explorer

The problem is not the remote control and Sometimes these problems occur

How can I report this problem for providing update

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you wait for about 30 seconds before unplug the TV?

We all have this 20-30 seconds freeze but then everything is OK.

Just happens occasionaly

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2148608#M42563

You can also try this.

• Uninstall all apps that you have installed on your android TV. Check through Settings -Apps. There must not be any Downloaded apps. Just System app and Running apps.
  • Disconnect and forget(delete) every Network connection on your TV.
  • Unplug every device connected via HDMI or other way.
  • Unpair any paired android or Bluetooth device(remote, keyboard etc)
  • Clear cache, if possible from all the apps by entering Settings - Apps - System app. You shall need patience since there are many many apps. It might last 30 minutes or more. You must see after clearing  every app cache a 12,00KB remains which is normal.
  • Reboot your tv by press and hold Power button for more than 5 seconds or via Settings-About.
  • When picture is On wait for about 60 seconds for every startup app to be loaded(discover etc)

• Then execute a Factory Reset following this procedure:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/factory%20reset