Join now - be part of our community!

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
M0j0666

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

This morning my KDL-32WD603 app's have totally dissapered. Can't even open the menu. I So we that some people had this issue last year was it identified  or solved?

I have rebooted roter and tv. Factory reset. Wired and Wi-Fi connection 

Any more ideas? 

Sony what's going on!

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.GB.title
bealine12
Explorer

I tried using the APP icon a number of times this morning and no apps loaded. Everything was working OK last night. I have tried factory resets numerous times but the only thing that happened was a youtube icon app appeared and never loaded when selected. A message in the corner of the screen advised 'Please wait try again later'.  I get that channel lock as though the app page is still loading as well.

I've attempted these solutions but nothing worked. :frowning2:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00125843

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00198726

profile.country.GB.title
Avril56
Explorer

Glad it’s not just me, I had visions of needing a new tv until I found this note stream. Pressing for the Apps freezes my remote control, come on Sony fix this. My tv is a KDL-49WD752.

profile.country.GB.title
Esidara
Explorer

Same issue. Have a KDL-32WD756, worked just fine yesterday and this morning, now it won't even bring up the menu for the smart apps. Home menu comes up, but pressing on the apps option does nothing, and television becomes unresponsive. Previous fixes for this issue - restore factory settings, and leaving television unplugged for 1 minute aren't working. 

Additional information - doing factory settings, skipping or leaving everything on auto in the set up, not doing ANYTHING ELSE other than pressing home enabled me to access youtube. However, if I exit out of youtube, or the home menu after opening it the first time,  it does not open again.

profile.country.GB.title
Noddy64
Explorer

Sno sorry. Just stopped trying. Hopefully  they will have a fix for us at Sony on Monday. I have a feeling the technical team might be busy. I have faith in Sony getting it sorted for us all though. I have always bought Sony when I can, got my first camcorset works well too. Fingers crossed it an easy fix for us all. Good luck 🍀 👍 

profile.country.GB.title
M0j0666

Has anyone heard anything? Surely Sony has replied to someone? 

profile.country.GB.title
bealine12
Explorer

No, I sent an email yesterday morning advising of the issue, amongst many received I have no doubt. Do Sony run 24/7 gloablly? Probably not.

profile.country.GB.title
Neethupillaigs
Explorer

Facing the same issue on KDL-48WD653. On selecting all apps the screen blanks out and no apps are displayed to select from. Hoping an early resolution. Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
Fisky26
Explorer

I have had the same problem since last night! So frustrating.  I have a Sony Bravia KDL48WD653.  Sony please update us as this is the issue so many of us are having problems with!!

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Yeap.

MY KDL-32WD756 same Issues . Started last night I think. Started watching a show on Amazon Prime.  Went to watch then next episode this morning. Nothing, nada! 

This model has a Netflix button on the remote. Which works. So it looks like the apps menu is just not loading.

Have reset TV and Router. No joy. 

I've checked F/W it currently has 8.213-xxxxxxxxx.   Sony website support say 8.215-xxxxxxxxx is the latest. When I check TV does not find new update? Might try USB tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
bealine12
Explorer

I had a response from Sony Customer Support which was a pretty standard reponse, although I did install the updated software but no change to the problem. I advised them of this thread and that many customers are getting this issue and is network wide and that Netflix loads. 

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We are sorry to learn that your Sony KDL-32WD751 is not displaying applications and YouTube is not loading with developing an error message. In an attempt to resolve the matter please perform the below steps:

1-Remove all external devices.

2-Unplug TV from mains and plug it back in after 2 minutes.

3-Ensure that the TV is running on 8.215 software version, by checking:

Home - Settings - Customer Support.

If your TV is not running on the above software version, please visit the below link for the update:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-wd75x_w75xd-series/kdl-32wd751/downloads/00015334

4-Refresh internet contents as follows:

Home - Settings - System Settings - Set up - Network - Refresh Internet Content.

5-Connect your TV to a different internet source such as a personal hotspot using a smart mobile.

6-Confirm that you have performed a factory reset as follows:

Home - Settings - Customer Support - Factory Settings.

Having the issue persists, we are seeking your cooperation to reply with the below to investigate the matter further from our end: