Join now - be part of our community!

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
M0j0666

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

This morning my KDL-32WD603 app's have totally dissapered. Can't even open the menu. I So we that some people had this issue last year was it identified  or solved?

I have rebooted roter and tv. Factory reset. Wired and Wi-Fi connection 

Any more ideas? 

Sony what's going on!

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.GB.title
KLR1504
Explorer

I am having the same problem  - KDL-40WD653.  Watched iplayer last night no problem - come to watch it this afternoon and nothing happens when I select "My apps".  TV freezes and cant click on anything else.  Ive rebooted TV and internet, restored factory settings and nothing.  Its not the internet as i can access netflix via the netflix button on my remote and have found that, if you go to itv then back to bbc then press green button, it will take you back to the start of the programme then you can go "home" and into iplayer, but its a pain the behind!  This has to be an software issue with SONY but sunday night is my catch up night and its infuriating!

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Hi bealine12

Did you do the F/W update by network or USB?

When I ask my TV to look for update via network says it is upto date when it's not. 

Makes me cautious of updates that's not on an 'over the air' channel. 

profile.country.GB.title
bealine12
Explorer

I  downloaded from the link to a USB and then did a software update for USB. It updated my software but didn't solve the problem and why these smart tv's don't update automatically when the automatic software download is on, I don't know.

profile.country.GB.title
ivilacer
Explorer

It seems like a universal issue. I even reset my TV to factory settings. Apps still not responding. 

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

My Sony KDL-42W805A is OK. But then it's a very different beast to the KDL-32WD756 different software. But it was never very good so I use a firestick with it. 

profile.country.GB.title
PhilRutt
Explorer

I have this problem too. None of the suggested fixes has any effect whatsoever. Help!

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

All,

Sony have ammitted a problem!

[Edit by moderator: removed URL as the original problem has been resolved]

profile.country.GB.title
sue456
Explorer

Glad to see that as have spent several hours trying to sort it !

profile.country.GB.title
MikeB182
Explorer

I have same problem on 2 TVs both same model. Checked WiFi, reset to factory settings on 1 of them and checked for software updates, no joy. Netflix does work when pressing specific button on remote but all other apps disappeared selecting ALL APPS on menu. Was on phone for an hour to customer services this morning who told me both were on old firmware v 315) though check on TV reveals no later available. Apparently v 315 is latest but can’t update unless I download to USB stick on pc then connect to TV. Seeing as others have same problem going to leave alone and hope Sony can sort this. Am due a phone call back tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed. 

profile.country.GB.title
NutmegandMedlar
Explorer

All my apps have gone too. Spent hours refreshing, re-setting etc all to no avail. Nightmare!