Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime App

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Amazon Prime App

Hi

I have noticed recently (in the last few days - maybe after an update), that when I am watching a programme on Amazon Prime on my Sony Bravia TV, is that when I pause the programme and return, it enters that 'screen saver' mode (default scenery images). 

Now usually, all you have to do, is press the button on your remote (the middle button in between the NESW arrows) and then once more to unpause your programme.

BUT, now when you press the button on the remote, it doesn't enter the unpause screen to resume watching your programme, it reverts to the main menu where you have to open the App again !?!?

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TobiasRieper315

Yes - I can confirm and replicate this issue. 

In the meantime you can either do one of two things

1. Set 'Daydream' to the maximum idle time of 1hr - Home > Settings > Daydream > When to daydream > 1hr   (you should not be pausing for more than 1 hour anyway)
  2. Disable 'Daydream' completely - see instructions (work-around) : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This does seem to be more of a Sony issue that Amazon.  When will it be fixed - honestly i have absolutely no idea.

I have added it to the bugs/issues list and have informed Sony of this issue too:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2332155

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TobiasRieper315

Yes - I can confirm and replicate this issue. 

In the meantime you can either do one of two things

1. Set 'Daydream' to the maximum idle time of 1hr - Home > Settings > Daydream > When to daydream > 1hr   (you should not be pausing for more than 1 hour anyway)
  2. Disable 'Daydream' completely - see instructions (work-around) : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Thank you Quinn,

I have amended those settings to 1 hour.

So, it isn't an Amazon Prime issue, it is actually a Sony issue that is affecting the App, in this case the App being Amazon Prime? 

Do you think it'll be fixed in a future update? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This does seem to be more of a Sony issue that Amazon.  When will it be fixed - honestly i have absolutely no idea.

I have added it to the bugs/issues list and have informed Sony of this issue too:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2332155

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Spoiler

:slight_smile: Nice one.

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

I've also noticed that when loading and playing a programme on the Amazon app, the screen sometimes is black, you can hear sound but no picture. If you exit out and try to go back in, you just get a dark screen and the only way to exit is to press the 'home' button and load up the app again.

very frustrating, I don't know what's happened recently to this app!?!?

again, surely not just me is it???