Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

😆 If I felt that uncomfortable about an engineer coming around, I would not be allowing it.

Why not let the engineer look at your TV and see what he says? you do not have to agree to anything, after that.

Good luck 👍🏻

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

I spoke with the repairer and they said exactly that...so I will keep you updated! They also said that the info they have is from Sony Technical Support and that on some sets the software update seems to scramble the main board sufficiently to cause this problem. I'll see what happens...but thanks everyone in the meantime!

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

So the engineer just visited - and told me this is not a HW fault and if he took the TV and replaced the main board then that would have the old SW and likely case is that the problem would recur when the TV updated again! So we agreed that that would be a pointless exercise and I kept the TV and will continue to monitor (and will apply some of the suggestions here as needed).

I then phoned Sony support to inform them of the outcome and this time they said that their technical team are already looking at this and will notify impacted users when they have a fix or viable workaround. I asked, but there is no timescale for this. However, they did say that the tech dept have 3 suggested "workarounds":

1. Ensure that there is no USB device connected to the TV when switching off/on

2. Use the power button on the TV rather than the remote

3. Disable bluetooth on the TV

I will try these as and when needed and will update here as to whether I have any success with these or the other methods people have suggested!

profile.country.GB.title
3smurf3

Thanks for the update. I am not surprised by the comments from the engineer. 

The TV worked as expected before the update, so it had to be a SW issue.

Try the suggestions given here, and let us know if you have any luck. 👍🏻

profile.country.GB.title
Wardy277
Explorer

I have been in constant talks with Sony since december. Tried many things and suddenly. Between them getting me to try something thing and now the TV no longer reboots.

The frustrating thing is that I have tried what has been mentioned here earlier about stopping TV guide updates and some other sort resets they got me to try. This also removed bravia sync, cleared cache then enabling it again for hdmi arc control. But the issue still occurred. But then suddenly, out of the blue it stop crashing. I made no changes, its like the changes previously took a week to actually fix the issue.

I even wondered if sony pushed an automatic update that I didn't see get applied but no, on the same firmware. 

I am confused, but at least happy it is more stable now. 

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@Wardy277 i have the same issue whit my sony kd 49xg8196 i have a solution. what i did connect my beam whit the optical adaper from sonos connect in optical output of my tv and the problems are over perhaps is witch a solution for u and is have sound over all my devices to

profile.country.GB.title
Wardy277
Explorer

@Rico112 optical can't send volume or power on commands through, right?

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@Wardy277 on my tv it works whit optical volume up and down if i watch tv

profile.country.NL.title
Rico112

@Wardy277 only u need to do in the sonos app if u connect ur beam to optical. is activate the volume in the app from sonos under tv settings then it wil work

profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Hi all, 

After nine months of suffering with a TV that goes through the full startup sequence every time you wake it from standby, sometimes will not turn on at all and that constantly drops the network connection either over WiFi or Ethernet, I am pleased to report that Sony finally agreed to a return of my TV.  

I was getting sick of being repeatedly told by customer services that a software update that would fix all my problems was only a few weeks away.

Hopefully Sony are beginning to learn that they cannot get away with providing a low quality OS and cheap networking hardware when someone has spent a lot of money on a top of the range TV.