Join now - be part of our community!

Android KD55X8509C stuck at language select

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Android KD55X8509C stuck at language select

Hi,

Im in need of some help. After trying to reset my KD55X8509C the tv is now stuck in a loop at the language / network selection screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any way to factory reset the TV from this point?

If tried to reset the tv following some information on this site by pressing the up arrow after turning the tv on but it does not appear to do anything,I think the procedure is only applicable to 2014 TVs. Can anyone confirm this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Final update,

received a call last Wednesday saying TV has been repaired. Delivered back today all sorted.

Thanks for the help to the forum guys,Quinnicus and Sony.

Michael

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to send you a private message with some instructions.  These instructions are not technically for your problem, but it 'may' work.

Idea is to boot the tv to recovery, then reboot again.  Who knows, but think its worth a try.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the reply. It carried out the process shown in the images but did not seem to fix the issue. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately i dont have a clue on this.  I have heard that switching it completely off from the power for a couple of hours can help on certain issues.

Unless someone else has any ideas, or it magically resolves itself over the weekend, all i can really do is escalate this to Sony for them to contact you back.  If you can reply back on say Sunday sometime, if it still doesnt work, I will escalate it.

But try powering it off completely over night anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Morning,

Tried again after having the TV switched off overnight, same results.

I now have a very nice expensive picture frame on my wall.

Michael

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi there

Did you try TV's back panel buttons?

Try removing batteries from both Remote Control and Touchpad Remote and give a try again. Remove everything USB from ports. Remove all HDMI's or SCART or VGA.

You can also try a method of re-installing Firmware. It might work for you even if most people cannot apply.

Do the procedure that didievilempire applied after a help from a brazilian forum:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/sony-kdl-w755-software-an-fw-crash-error-2123/td-p/2070498/...

Do format a USB flash as FAT32 copy latest firmware pkg inside root and add a second copy of this pkg also inside root and rename this to upgrade_loader.pkg

Then unplug tv from mains wait a few minutes, insert your USB and plug TV again to mains.

Do not get disappointed if it doesn't start with first try. Try all USB ports and if possible try different USB flash or even a usb HDD formatted as FAT32. I would advise you to use the oldest flash or HDD you can find.

If it doesn't work there is also another similar name for the second .pkg file but I don't remember. Maybe Quinnicus or someone else knows better. I think that upgrade_loader.pkg name is used for Philips Android TV's and I don't know if it works for us.

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this last night. It goes though the process of applying the update but still the same.

This what is actually happening to the TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf9JFNk_ju0

its not my video but is the exact issue.

Thanks

Michael

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Ok i found the other name. It is upgrade_uploader.pkg and it is here:

https://community.sony.ie/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/td-p/1949079/page/407

There is also another trick to possibly force upgrade.

Unplug mains during the beggining of three startups.

Or call Sony and ask for recovery pkg for your TV model. This small and about 100mbytes

Unfortunately everything is very difficult if your TV was not previously into Developers Mode.

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Hi,

Still no joy 😞

why arent Sony open on weekends!??

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

If behaviour in Youtube video is exactly the same with yours TV, I do not understand the Connecting to Google indication. I do not remember this during my setup.

Turn OFF your Router Modem if previously wireless connected or remove ethernet cable if previously Wired connected and do not enable Location permission to see what happens.

If have an issue on my TV if Location is Enabled.

If not successful let TV connected to Network and internet but previously try to change DNS inside your router setup and replace AUTO with manual entry of Google's Public DNS. Do this temporaly until you manage to bypass problem. It's a little difficult and risky and if you don't know how to, please ask someone ho knows.

I have a suspicion that many problems are DNS Security related after latest April 12 Firmware. :thinking: