Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV Factory reset bug

giorgosgs
Explorer

Android TV Factory reset bug

Dear community I bought my KDL-50W756C 3 months ago and always follow all the updates.

After updating to the latest firmware that I found here http://www.sony.gr/support/el/product/KDL-50W756C I had the following issue.

I decided to make a factory reset to resolve some wifi problems I had and also re-setup my TV from the start.

After selecting the factory reset option and confirm in the final dialog, the screen goes black and stays there for at least 1 hour. Tested 2 times. To resolve the bug I should unplug the power cord and plug it back for the factory reset to start. The proccess takes 3-5 minutes to complete the reset.

Just to inform other users about my experince which was a bit scary cause the TV set does not respond at all while experincing the bug, and unpluging the power while we perform a reset or update is not a recommended practice.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment, no one else has reported this issue - so i can only assume that this is isolated to you.  Can you confirm if you are  doing a factory reset using the following instructions HERE ?

Cheers

giorgosgs
Explorer

Thanks for the reply... maybe my english was not good enough to describe the bug.

After some search here I found other members with the same problem in this thread https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/w755c-android-tv-dead-after-factory-reset/td-p/2111112

I hope it will be resolved in the next update

RoxanneKerns
Explorer

DO factory Reset with the TV Box and restore the settings which will clear the previous settings. To factory Reset Go to Settings and BackUp reset the Box. Then it will be reset all the details. Hope this help. 

WilliamHill
Explorer

I have factory reset my device many times, I have never faced that problem. You need to watch video related to it, This might help you much better.

MartiniJosh
Explorer

I had a similar problem too, but my tv had only go black for a minute or two. I think it was just a small malfunction, but the problem might be more serious.