Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.GB.title
AMT888
Explorer

I have a KD55X8509C my Ethernet connection stopped working a few days ago.  After testing all the connections and cables I realised that it was the TV that was at fault.

My touch remote has has also stopped working I am not sure if this is related or just a coinsidense.  I have had the TV since last November without any issues up to now.  Do you know if there is anything I can try to resolve this issue?  I have not been able to install the latest firmware update due to my lack of an Internet connection.  

Any my help or advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AMT888 - Can you please try factory resetting your tv to see if it clears the issue - see instructions HERE

profile.country.GR.title
NPatri

I am having the same issue with the ethernet on my kd55x8509c, but I am not 100% sure if it's related to the firmware. The technician came today to replace the main board but could not boot the TV with the new one. The tv was playing the intro music, like after a factory reset, but there was no picture and he could not load the firmware from the usb. He placed the old one back, so the problem with the ethernet remains. Still trying to figure out a solution..!

I am located in Greece so my firmware is 3.317 and after the update i did a factory reset (kd55x8509c & kd43x8305c) . I also noticed that there were few occasions were both my tv's, were disconnected from the wi-fi. I am using the wi-fi on my kd55x8509c because of the ethernet problem and on kd43x8305c because it is wall mounted in the bedroom (ethernet has never been tested).

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Model KDL-43W805C

Software version: PKG3.315.0102EUA

Just had WiFi problem for the first time ever since Sept Last year. TV brought out of standby, using remote. No internet connection. Using the Help diagnostics, it would appear that "Wireless device on TV" was not found. All statuses showing failed.

A soft reset resolved the issue.

Note: I am currently running with Youview disabled and I have not yet done a factory reset. I have a lot of apps and customisations to reset if I do :rolling_eyes:

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
AMT888
Explorer

Thanks for the info.  I tried a soft reboot first after reading how to do that on another post and that did the trick.  Ethernet and Touch Remote now both working again correctly so must have been a related issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding the following posts:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/2144272#M42243

"

Since the latest firmware update there is a bug where ethernet is randomly not recognised with the tv saying it's not connected but it is and our network is fine, it did glitch a couple of times during ownership of all the tv's we've had of recent, anyway the way that this would be fixed would be to hold down the power button and soft reboot the system, that problem is now cured until the next time. 

"

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/2144290#M42249

"

Yes there is an issue since previous firmware which is not solved with latest, at 5GHz connections. Seems like transmition or receiver sensitivity at 5 GHz is set by drivers in firmware at Low Setting. There is no problem at 2.4GHz. I usually resolve by soft reboot or placing a wireless repeater closer to TV set.

"

pike91
New

I have a Sony KD43X8309C, since the latest firmware update (08 March 2016) my internet connection to the tv has been dropping out. It will connect intermittently, enough to let it buffer half a program on Netflix or similar but then cuts out. Connection to all other devices (laptop / phone) is fine and seamless.

I had tried a number of things without any success including changing my router security settings and wifi channel.

I have now completed a factory reset which appears to have solved the issue.... for now. I will come back if it starts again

profile.country.GB.title
dusty_bin
Explorer

I have a KD-43X8305CBU that only connect to wifi intermittently.

I don't recall the original firmware but it was manufactured February 2016.  It was intermittent with that firmware and has not improved after updating to 3.395.

Seaching for networks rarelt picks up my router although it is only about 14 metres away.  I have found the best way is to enter the details manually and ignore that it doesn't connect - the TV does seem to have a connection about 50% of the time.

I have an unhidden SSID, with WPA2 password protection and wifi access control enabled.

I have only had the TV 4 days so I am still finding my way around, but this is certainly a real and major issue.

My mobile phone and internet radio have no problems in the same area.  One strange thing is that my mobile phone (HTC Wildfire) shows my router having a higher signal level than a neighbours one, but on the TV, it is usually the neighbours signal that is picked up but mine maybe only about one time in 20 from 'scanning'.  There is no wireless congestion, my router on 2.4 GHz channel 2 and the neighbour on channel 6.

When connected it shows 2 out of 5 (I think).

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

you should use (as per Sony suggestion) channel 1,6 or 11 on your router to have a better wifi connection. SInce you see you neighbour wifi on channel 6 this should prove it is true :wink: