Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV Wired internet connection issues

tappista
New

Android TV Wired internet connection issues

Have bought new KD49XD83XX -

TV is wired to router via Ethernet cable - new TV, new cable, but keeps losing Internet connection each time I switch off TV .  I have BT Internet and a homehub.  Is it an internet/BT issue or TV issue and how do I fix it?.

BT online help has assisted in getting reconnection three times - by restarting hub and entering IP address, default numbers etc, but connection lost again after each shutdown. 

I  have now got a message on the TV - "The Static IP Address may not be correct - if a static IP adress is not confirmed select quit network setup and contact your network administrator."

I have spoken to BT who say it is a problem with the TV and to contact Sony?

thanks

Only bought TV last week, and cannot get it to remain connected to Internet

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

Welcome to the Sony Community forums.

Sorry to hear that your are having problems with your Android TV, however I think it might be best to start with the first two steps in the troubleshooting process.

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV - see instructions HERE
  2. Once done, factory reset the TV.  This can clear and resolve many issues - see instructions HERE

Give that a go and reply back and let us know how you got on.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Go to Settings/Network & Accessories/Network/Network Setup/Expert/Wired LAN/Advanced Options/IP Settings

If this says STATIC, as I suspect it does, set it to DHCP instead.

Power down the TV set, and power it up again. See if it keeps your connection alive now.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
tappista
New

Thanks - I did all that yesterday and then the TV connected fine via the cable - I did have to enter all the IP address info that BT gave me. Switched of and came back today and the TV is not connecting again - same issues and not sure why.

Christine

Sent from my iPad
tappista
New

Thanks, did as you suggested and also did a factory reset yesterday - TV did then connect via the cable, but I did have to put in the info BT provided. However today have got the same problem again will not connect via the cable.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

If you set DHCP,, you should not have to enter any other information at all - the TV should get it from the router.

Set different information yourself, and you are setting up a conflict which arises every time you switch the set off and then turn it on again

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Two other suggestions:

1. Disable IPv6 in the router settings - its been known to help
  2. Disable the WiFi on the TV completely (at least a test) - Goto Settings > Network > Advanced Settings and set Built-in Wi-Fi to OFF.

Cheers