Join now - be part of our community!

Android TVs. Can no longer disable DD+, defaults back to it as soon as you leave menu. Software bug.

profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

Android TVs. Can no longer disable DD+, defaults back to it as soon as you leave menu. Software bug.

For those of us running optical out, DD+ needed to be disabled in the Sound output menu so the amp/soundbar/dac etc. could use the signal and give us 48k Dolby Digital.

However...

This option no longer work. It keeps defaulting to DD+ every time.

If you start in Netflix for example it will not remember DD and will revert to DD+ as soon as you exit the menu.

This is on XE9005 and XF9005.

This is a software bug that needs to be sorted. The only option currently is to default to PCM output which is no where near as good, especially on Netflix, Disney etc. it just sounds flat and compressed. 

It is fine for HDMI inputs, the input will carry on playing when you go into the sound output menu, but for apps it defaults to a the last hdmi input as you enter the menu and seems because of this there is no way to change the setting for apps? Not sure what is going on really, but that is what it seems like. 

This article covers what the settings 'should' do and why you need it, but it doesn't work. 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00167113

But please Sony, sort it out so it remembers DD when you set it. 

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

OK, my question, thinking a bit more about this is...

How do you change the sound options for 'sound output' for built in apps on this Android version?

Can you actually do it? 

Because when you go to the menu it defaults to a video input. So is changing the sound between DD and DD+ meant to be universal or per input? 

C'mon Sony, can you please answer as this is seriously broken at the moment, I can't use my TVs??

profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

So any update on this Sony? 

Also the Youtube app now seems broken as well, no menus in it, so can't view my subscriptions. 

I have had to stop using these as main sets due to the DD+ bug, no response from technical, and now Youtube is broken, maybe time to replace the Sony sets with some LG Oleds? 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi GuyMiddleton, this is a user based community, if you want a direct contact with them you can use the details here: thttps://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?pdp=wh-1000xm4&cat=headphones-wireless-headphones&...

profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

Thanks, but no one replies. 

I was hoping, as it is hosted on Sony servers, they might look in here. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@GuyMiddleton, what do you use? Chat? Calls? Emails? Try the chat, you get instant response. 

profile.country.GB.title
StephenCBanks
Explorer

Very interesting post