Join now - be part of our community!

ARC

profile.country.GB.title
DaveG_
Explorer

ARC

Ive got a Sony Bravia KD-55XE9005 and i was using a sony ht-ct290 soundbar what worked fine a few days via hdmi/arc and now it won't work i don't get sound through the soundbar only through thre tv speakers 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

First of all try to power cycle the TV (turn the TV off and unplug the power supply for few seconds). Then I'd check if in the list of Bravia Sync devices the soundbar appears. If it doesn't you may have disabled it somewhere. Also in the soundbar there should be a setting to enable/disable HDMI ARC. I know that I managed myself to turn OFF the HDMI ARC audio in my AVR messing up with its settings, once.

profile.country.GB.title
DaveG_
Explorer

It does't appear in Bravia Sync it use to do you know where to turn on Hdmi arc in settings

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@DaveG_ wrote:

It does't appear in Bravia Sync it use to do you know where to turn on Hdmi arc in settings

Not really, unfortunately. I don't know your soundbar. But you can for sure download the manual (in pdf) from the internet and search for "ARC". Still, most likely it is in the HDMI settings of your Soundbar.

But wait. Are you saying that it does NOT appear on the Bravia Sync list either? You should enable that as well, in case. That's how the Soundbar gets turned on automatically turning on the TV (and how it controls the soundbar volume with the TV remote).

profile.country.GB.title
DaveG_
Explorer

Bravia Sync is turned on it used to appear there then everything just stopped working

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Again, you should check your soundbar HDMI settings. Also be sure that Bravia Sync is turned on in the TV as well. Unless something is wrong with the HDMI cable. If you have a spare one (or one from another HDMI device, like a PS4) I'd try to replace it (for testing) as well.

profile.country.GB.title
DaveG_
Explorer

Bravia Sync is turned on i did try another hdmi cable what had that did't ive another hdmi cable coming today via amazon it is certain hdmi cable you have to use is't it

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Try changing the sound settings from Auto1 to Auto2 under digital audio out.

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

Bravia Sync is turned on i did try another hdmi cable what had that did't ive another hdmi cable coming today via amazon it is certain hdmi cable you have to use is't it

Sony's Bravia Sync turns automatically on when a compatible audio system is connected, and should appear on devices list.

If cable is not the problem, than maybe you turned compatibility of in sound bar. Turn it on

Hold down VOICE for 5 seconds to turn
on or off the Control for HDMI
function.

On
The USB and TV indicators flash twice.
Off
The USB indicator flashes twice.

Select "Enable" (in TV's Sync settings) when SB appears in devices list.

profile.country.GB.title
bravo75xe90
Explorer

i have same issue on my 75'' xe90,  using ARC initially it sets up nicely, even if my audio system is not on supported list (mine is onkyo ht-r494), but sometimes if i use netflix app, picture remains but sound just disappears(no audio on audio system, there is audio through tv speakers if i choose the option). soft reset doesn't  seem to do much but factory reset usually solves the problem(it's abit of a nuisance - resets all settings and takes few minutes of time).

two other problems with audio while using ARC:

1) while watching netflix(don't know about other apps/content, haven't tested) using audio system, sound just stops randomly every 10-100 seconds for a brief moment(0.5-1 second) and without any interruption on video, just the audio(perhaps a sync issue)

2) while watching netflix  using audio system, changing sound/volume mutes sound, sound returns 1-2 seconds after change

p.s.

after little bit more reading i stumbled upon an hdmi sync issue, i thought all hdmi cables are the same, turns out older gen v1.4 hdmi cables don't support 2nd tier a/v sync, so i tried newer v2.0 hdmi, all issues gone.

v1.4  support lip sync+ manual a/v sync ,  on newer devices manual a/v sync option is gone(hidden? ) so best option is v2.0 hdmi cables where auto a/v sync is supported.

p.s.s.

turns out it wasn't the cable, problem just comes and goes...

and now i'm getting another problem with screen - there are 7-8inch 'wide' horizontal flickering lines(ghosting?) on the bottom of the screen...

problems just keep on coming with this tv