Join now - be part of our community!

Audio dropouts during streaming X75F

profile.country.GB.title
Mogin1
Explorer

Audio dropouts during streaming X75F

Hi I’m having a frustrating time with my X75F. When I stream ftom either Netflix of google play, I get frequent dropouts in the soundtrack. It seems to be restricted to Dolby Digital + tracks.

Does anyone have a solution?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Mogin1
Explorer

This turned out to be a problem with the 4400 as in it got worse and worse and in the end would even take optical. The 4400 went back and I got a maranta 6103 which is functionally identical but just doesn’t sound as punchy.

So in the end I never fixed it because the amp died.

BUT I can tell you to make sure that your amp has the latest patch and that none of your hdmi leads are touching mains cables, antenna cables or network cables. Also get rid of any noisy cheap power transformers, they can play havoc because their shielding is nearly always crap.

Good cable management was critical to it working at all.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Bigalan105
Explorer

To all I have a Sony 85 tv on Netflix I was constantly getting a pause on Dolby atoms on android tv going through my Denon 4400x these lasted for about half a second every 3 to 4 min not that bad but bugged the ***** out of me I had tried everything changed my HDMI cables changed my optical cables reinstalled Netflix tried changing the settings on the tv could still not solve the problem then watching the flicker on the Denon I thought about changing the plug on my Denon that was connected to a circuit breaker to another switch horay this totally worked now I can watch Netflix on Dolby atoms without any drop outs in sound 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Bigalan105,

Glad to hear you sorted out the problem. Thanks for taking your time and sharing the final solution to your issue. It surely will help many other community members in situations just like yourself.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Bigalan105
Explorer

Hi updating on my sound drop out on the Sony x85 on Dolby atmos Netflix lasting about half a second every 3-4 miniutes on my Denon 4400x I thought I had Tried everything replacing the HDMI cables moving them away from electric interference no joy then I moved the switches by splitting the power going to my amp this worked a bit . So confused On how to take the drop out away my only option was to do a factory restart I realised I would have to instal all my apps again . Took me 5 min to upload all of nformation again and BOOM the Dolby atmos works perfect without any drop outs also it was a bonus to keep all the films from the google play store . Oh can Sony get there act togeather a lot of people have paid good money on there Sony TVs and expect to get the best out of them so give us all the Dolby vision we deserve in a update either that or your customers will not be returning