Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Android TV not waking from sleep?

Silveredge9
Explorer

Bravia Android TV not waking from sleep?

Hi there, so I've purchased a Sony KD43X8305CBU android TV and have noticed that if it's left on standby for a few hours and presumably goes to sleep I am then unable to wake it through any means whatsoever. Nothing happens when I press any butons on the controller or on the TV itself etc. It means i have to reset it by pulling the plug out. Is this a known bug or some kind of fault?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Johnipsuk
Explorer

The TV turns off automatically.

• Check if [Sleep timer] is activated or check the [Duration] setting of [On timer].
  • Check if [Idle TV standby] in [Eco] is activated.

Hope this halps

Silveredge9
Explorer

Hi there, I've now turned these sleep settings off. Though surely if it does go to sleep you should still be able to wake it by pressing something on the remote?

Silveredge9
Explorer

Can confirm that even with the sleep timer turned off I'm still getting this issue. After being on standby for more than a few hours you havr to hard reset this by pulling the plug as non of the remote buttons or the buttons on thr TV work. Is this a software fault or could it be a hardware one?

sleighty
Explorer

Hi, did you get this issue resolved as I have the same symptoms on a brand new Sony KD-55XD9305. Sony Tech support are investigating the problem, but I thought I might find a quicker solution on the forums.

profile.country.GB.title
Katoosh525
New

Mine is doing this too. Mine works if you take power from the power supply and then reconnect. It does not work if you unplug tv from power supply. This suggests the power supply itself is faulty not the tv. I’d goes into hibernate and makes no power when in hibernate.