Join now - be part of our community!

Screen blinking on and off

profile.country.GB.title
Renquist
Explorer

Screen blinking on and off

Hello

I have a Sony KD 65A1 OLED TV, the screen started blinking when I was watching apple tv, it looked like it was adjusting the aspect ratio, the screen would go black for a second then come back, the audio was not affected, when the image returned the HDMI input logo and aspect ratio is displayed at the top, this was very annoying.

it is now doing the same when on the xbox and doing it every few minutes, after googling the symptoms there appears to be a few people with the same issue, has this been resolved by anyone?

do I need a replacement set?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Renquist, 

This sounds frustrating. I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Renquist,

That's very disconcerting. Have you tried enabling enhanced format under settings-external inputs-HDMI signal format? Do let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
Renquist
Explorer

Hello and thanks for the replies, I called the installer/shop that I bought it from and had a chat with them, they seemed to think it was the TV getting confused by the dolby vision standard coming from the xbox/apple tv.

On their advice I went into the menu of the TV and reset anything that I could find that related to anything dolby looking, don’t think I actually found a dolby vision setting in there though, but I did manage to reset the inputs some how.

The issue Seemed to have stopped, but I've been away from home since I got that far so I've not had any extended tests with it but so far its working.

I’ll post back if it returns.

thanks.