Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KD43X8309C Why no PS3 Controller Support?

stewyrobz
Explorer

BRAVIA KD43X8309C Why no PS3 Controller Support?

I simply cannot understand why there is no PS3 controller support for the X83?  I have a Sony Z2 phone and Z3 Tablet and I can easily use my PS3 controller to play games both natively and streaming from my PC using Moonlight for Android.  Yet when I purchase a 4k TV which upscales 1080 streams, I can't play Battlefront from my PC into my living room as the SONY CONTROLLER doesn't work with the SONY TV! I mean come on Sony, no USB HDD PVR recording is bad enough, but no PS3 controller support?  When are we going to see both of these incredibly important functions enabled with a software update?   

5 REPLIES 5
stewyrobz
Explorer

Oh and before anyone suggests sideloading the Sixaxis Controller apk, I could, but I can't be bothered and it should just work out of the box.. :triumph:

Kenny324410
Explorer

ps4 controller is supported on them but it's a shame that no ones found how to root there there so much that could be done with root 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess, the real issue issues is £££.  Cost of development too.  But ultimately, Sony are trying to 'market' the PS4.

stewyrobz
Explorer

But they are losing money from potential PlayStation Now customers (Me for example), and like I say it's only a software fix, If they just gave us the access like they do with their smart phones the community could fix it for free! It's madness..

Feroluce
Explorer

You can use the ps4 controller, but then you can't use the ps4 controller on the ps4 anymore without jumping through hoops to deregister it on the TV and reregister it on the ps4 (which means digging out the cable). 

The ps3 controller works fine on every other make of android tv though.